1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

CP3 is as dirty as Bruce Bowen.
    Paul hit bowen in the balls at 00:45 at it looks like bowen pushed him to the ground at 00:49.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Or maybe dirtier than Bowen.

2. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Yep he had a couple good weeks and all of a sudden he starts saying stuff and being cocky. Where were those type of quotes when he was inconsistent chucker? The last month or so I've paid a lot closer attention to Rafer and how he does things (mainly because this board gave me a site that I can actually watch every game now) and he seems to be a cocky, trash talking, punk sometimes. Its not all the time but I really don't like someone who have a couple good weeks or months and then feels he can start talking crap in the media. To me it doesn't matter at all whether what he said about West is true or not. All thats going to come from him saying something like that is piss off the other team. That's exactly what it did and look at the result. A smart veteran (and most everyone from age 12) knows not to say those type of things and Rafer obviously has matured to that point yet. I'm not saying we should get rid of him I think he is a good PG. However we should keep our eye out because there are a lot of PG's who are better and we could upgrade.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Again, he couldn't leave it at that. Petty off the court, dirty on it.

4. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

When T-Mac is on like he can be at times, he's better than Kobe by himself. T-Mac can be the best player in the world when he wants to be.

5. ibm

ibm Member

exactly.

talking trash has been long established as part of the game. but talking like that to the media is just arrogant and classless. true, rafer ain't no allstar, but what have the hornets and paul done? nada.

btw, according to rafer, this is what happened -

"He got it wrong," Alston said. "The other ref (Tom Washington) admitted that it was wrong. I talked to them before the game. I told them I wouldn't say anything all night. I didn't say anything to these guys all night. They were yapping at me all night. Their coaching staff was yapping at me all night.

"Me and Tyson (Chandler) shook hands before the game, and we agreed we weren't getting into that stuff. Chris (Paul) decided he wanted to keep it going."

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

too bad he NEVER wants to be right? ;)

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Chris Paul is a great player.

But talking trash to your opponent? We all know Paul is better than Alston. But why make it known? This is like Kobe Bryant saying "man, Ronnie Brewer sucks because he can't guard me."

The weakness in Paul's game is his temper. And he'll be exposed one day if brings that crap to a vet. This whole thing is a "pick on somebody your own size" situation.

Chris Paul is starting to get up there in the rival rank...with the likes of Utah and Dallas

8. cujo

cujo Member

Trash talking is usually during the game to one another Putting someone down after the game to the media that's a different thing. Chris Paul is an idiot. Leave it on the court.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Rafer was basically saying D-West isnt as valuable to the Hornets as Yao is to the Rockets. While that may be true it's not the right thing to say. He's downplaying West's stardom. You don't downplay someone's effect on a team especially if he's an all-star. It's easy to see why the Hornets had beef with that. I'm all good with what Paul said. They have a right to be angry at Rafer, then again eveyrone has been angry at rafer lately.

10. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I wouldn't say never, but I see your point. I honestly think he's just been physically exhausted for the past week.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** the hornets. let them talk their bs now. next year we will obliterate them with yao like we did earlier in the year.

12. krockets

krockets Member

Wow, I totally lost my respect for Chris Paul..

Yeah, Rafer said the wrong (but true) thing at the first place and Chris is definitely a better point guard, but Rafer never insult Chris/West like how Chris was taking it to Rafer.. Chris is quite immature about this..

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Glad to see some people realize this is about Chris Paul, not Rafer.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

if u don't think that paul is a serious mvp candidate, then u don't watch hoops. I mean 22ppg 11asst 49%fg 2stl and who in their right mind can see before the season them leading the west.

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

give me a break. everyone can tell rafer thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. he's the one who's starting all the trash talking. first that confrontation with rondo, then taunting sam cassell before making a layup. rafer gets cocky when he starts to have a little fame. paul was just putting him in his place.

if Ronnie Brewer said Yao Ming wasn't a star, this whole board would be up in flames. Rafer's got a big mouth and not a lot of game to back it up.

16. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

The difference is Paul went to the media like a puss. Yao would just do his thing on the court. If paul wants to put someone in their place, he should do it on the court (which he did) and leave it on the court.

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

are u really a rockets fan or u just like playing devil's advocate? tmac hater, yao hater, rafer hater, probably more. what rafer said was not wrong. he had no malcontent behind it. he said david west is a star but not a superstar what more do you want? analysts do that all the time, what a player doesn't have the same liberty to do so? he was making a point that ppl try to belittle their streak and he's simply saying we don't have yao ming. west<yao and that is a fact. if you can't see otherwise you're just a hater.

18. krockets

krockets Member

Rafer trash talking on the court and Chris Paul trash talking in front of the media, big difference my friend..

19. krockets

krockets Member

That might be the reason why Clutch kept him a rookie status after 2k+ posts.. :D :D

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Someone tell Paul and West that we didn't have Landry.