1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Hey The Cabbage.

You should give up. The truth is Yao is out for the season but the point is he would have made a difference. Doesn't matter if he is not comming back this season. He is the best center in the NBA, a Allstar 1st team since he join the league. Is he a superstar? Depends how YOU see things but I think he is. Now is West a superstar? I think not.

Your point is if they can't come back THIS season, they don't count. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Unless you already know the Rockets are trading him away or something.

Rafer defended the streak because NO didn't have West and that was their excuse for losing THAT game. It's relative to that game. Yao didn't play and West didn't play. Not a equal tradeoff.

NO now wins on 2nd of back-to-back with short, I mean really short rest due to late start of 1st game and early start of 2nd game AND no Yao and no Laundry (Yao's replacement for the "inside" presence during the streak) and they get West and Bonzi back. Rockets never had a chance in this one!

CP-3 is a great MVP type player but he showed he is also classless for the jabs he is giving to Rafer. But being fans, it is funny stuff :)

2. ibm

ibm Member

i'm surprised why it is hard for some to grab this notion.

it's not about the comments, it's about to whom and when you talk.

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Like I said before last nights games, CP3, D. West, and Chandler are asshoes, if you defend them look at what they've done in the other games. They look thuggish and feel like they just wanna fight.

4. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i dont think either players are at fault. rafer was saying how d-west wasnt a superstar like yao to people who discounted the streak, and the hornets and d-west took it as a knock on them. i dont blame them either. if i was a hornets fan id probably hate rafer too. he's got a big mouth with not much game to back it up.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I know the game is different (unfortunately) but trash talking is normal, the veterans are used to it (probably the reason an old team like the Celtics do so much of it). As far as his comments, i don't see how he could be mad at that. He's not a superstar, Chris Paul is their superstar. People were trying to diminish that win because of a good player was injured so he thought it was important to clarify. If we can't beat a team fired up then we don't deserve to win.

I think the trash talking actually helped in the first half, Chris Paul was trying to score too often and West was forcing the issue. When they came out of half time they were playing more team defense and offense, Coach Scott must have got into them about it.

I think Chris Paul said some things that didn't really make any sense though. I think Rafer knows he isn't an all star or better than Chris Paul. Its like when someone is really ragging on you and you call them 4 eyes because they need glasses to see.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

that wasn't on purpose..

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I don't know what ya'll are so upset about. This crap is hilarious.

I love Rafer and his attitude, because we need his swagger sometimes. Rarely does it get the best of him on the court.

I also love Chris Paul's game so much that I wouldn't care about anything he said off the court. That said, his sarcastic comments about Rafer and his straight up smack talk are hilarious, and for me, totally welcome in today's NBA.

Stop being a bunch of sissies. Complain about dirty play if you want...but sticks and stones...

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This was in response to someone else saying West would never be an allstar again. I say he will be an allstar multiple times. He is a top 15 PF in this league and a very dangerous offensive player. I didn't say he would be an allstar every year, nor did I say he was the best. I said he would be an allstar multiple times. And if anybody thinks it is because of Chris Paul, they'd better rethink. David West would be great on this team or on any team as a second scoring option. He is a potent scorer. He is legit.

9. jajayao

jajayao Member

Chris Paul is an awesome player, but he's straight up classless. Being on the cover on NBA2k8 has gotten to his head. I can name probably 10 power forwards that are hands down better than David West, so I don't see the problem Rafer calling him not as IMPORTANT to their team as Yao is to ours. How is that even remotely offensive to Chris Paul, if anything that should be a compliment to the him.

I wonder what Chris Paul's reaction would be if Rafer said "David West is their superstar"...

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

There are 15 David Wests but only ONE Yao Ming. Just because he got the All-Star selection, doesn't mean he's a superstar like the other PFs on the rosters. He's not Dirk, Duncan, STAT, Garnett. It's a lot harder being a C in this league too. No one will argue about that one.

Chris Paul is being hypocritical when he says Rafer is riding TMac's coat tail. That's exactly what David West is doing. For those that don't know, Rafer's job isn't to take over games and dish out 15 assists. He HAD 2 superstars and has 1 now. TMac is our playmaker. Rafer just has to knock down the outside shots to keep teams honest on D.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rafer Alston is a mediocre player at best, but he's straight up classless. Being on a long winning has gotten to his head. I can name probably 25 point guards that are hands down better than Rafer Alston, so I don't see any sense in Rafer yapping his big mouth (which also happens to be his biggest weapon).

I wonder what would happen if Rafer weren't distracted by all the nonsense he started and would focus solely on production and winning games.

12. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I hate new orleans, it isn't like they owned us this year, we split the series

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Rafer is an idiot. He shouldn't talk **** when his level of game can't be compared to Paul's.

14. jajayao

jajayao Member

Please explain to me how "David West is not the superstar that Yao is to our team" is an insult to anyone on the Hornets or Chris Paul. Last time I checked DAVID WEST is not a superstar, or even the most important player on the Hornets.

BTW, I doubt you could name 25 point guards HANDS DOWN better than Rafer.

15. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

levintblack, you're a hypocrite for calling out rafer for embarassing sasha vujacic on national tv and then saying he deserves it when chris paul embarasses him in an off-the-court interview. Why the hate? What's he ever done to you?

16. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

100% agreed.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The point is: Why bother to make the comparison? Rafer has no business starting the conversation. Plus look at what he said in the context of his mental "punkdown" the last few games.

I don't like the Hornets or their players any more than anyone else here. In fact, I dislike Chris Paul a lot. But Rafer needs to just shut his trap or the other team will shut it for him, like the last two nights.

18. jajayao

jajayao Member

The comparison came because of people trying to discredit the win over the Hornets when they did not have David West. Rafer's response was that we were without Yao who is more important to our team than David West.

I agree sometimes Rafer needs to shut his Yap, but that comment is not one of those occasions.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Chris Paul is wrong. McHeartless isn't carrying anybody.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Im hatin CP3 more everyday.

Rafer called David West a star, but not a superstar. This is completely true.