1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Fox 26) Texans reached verbal agreement w/ Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by candlegreen, Apr 28, 2006.

?

What is your reaction?

1. BIG Mistake to pass up on Bush!!

143 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Split feeling

51 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Mario William is the right choice

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Should have traded down if we were not going to draft Bush

95 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The mods over there need to come to this board and learn a few things. If the GARM at Clutchfans gets on your nerves after a big game -- well pretty much the whole site is like that over there constantly. I'm sure it will improve over time though.

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Kerry Collins, Tim Couch, David Carr- I'm not impressed and there is always a choice. I can't help it if expansion teams do the things they do.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, another day has passed and I still wish we had Bush or someone else...

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are the jerseys out yet? I'm buying one for sure.

5. Buck Turgidson

What, one of the Joe Montana ones?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nope, either Gayle Sayers or Courtney Brown. You know, since the majority of those that are vocal about this life-altering experience formerly known as the 2006 NFL Draft seem to know that this is exactly how Bush and Williams will turn out, respectively.

Of course, I did get very ill after leaving the house Saturday. Maybe I just don't know that I've been betrayed and kicked in the gut by the Texans. It was my subconcious letting me know!!

7. Buck Turgidson

Dude that sucks. I've warned you about Taco Bell. ;)

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm blaming it on the scrimps. :)

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Was anybody listening last night to Matt and Adam? They got an email where this guy made a spread sheet of top defensive players, where they were drafted, their numbers in the NFL, and their numbers in college. I don't remember the particulars, none or only one of them was a number 1 pick, yet they all had better numbers in college than Williams. These are the kind of things that worry me.

10. bigben998

bigben998 Member

I have no doubt that the man is an absoulute beast, but where, someone please show me where in his college carrer does he have numbers that warrant a #1 pick and 54 million f***** dollars. 26.5 guaranteed, if he doesnt pan out we are screwed. We are gonna have to live with this pick forever. It hurts just to think about it

11. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I didn't hear that, but there was a guy named Daryl Gardener, who played for Baylor like 10 years ago. He was 6'7", 320 lbs, ran a 4.7 40 yard time, and could bench 225 lbs 30 times. He also had questions about his "motor", and did not put up good sack numbers against less than stellar competition (Southwest Conference). I think Miami drafted him - somewhere between the 10th and 20th pick. I still feel that Mario Williams has more question marks than either Bush or Young, even though his measurables are terrific. I just hope he lives up to the numbers.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Put your faith in the Texans.

hummmmmmmmmm... hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing about Mario Williams is that he often occupied two to three blockers,giving Lawson and the rest of the Wolfpack plenty of chances to make plays.Despite this,he put up good sack numbers too.I also believe that the fluctuations in his performance and his monster draft workout are more indicative of major upside.
    Mario will help make this a great defense...and the Texans WILL win in Denver South.
    Once we start winning on a consistent basis,eventually becoming a perrenial playoff team,then we can probably fairly evaluate this pick.Until then,yes it disturbs me on one level that we didn't take Bush,but I can see the genius/ method to the madness.All in all we had an excellent draft.