1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter to be arrested?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks like the authoritarians in Turkey are really pissed about his defense.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This really isn't something to joke about.

Erdogan wants to basically kill everyone who disagrees with him and he gets to giggle about grabbing kitty with our president in the White House.

Louka, Zergling, Dopamine and 3 others like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

They left him off the NT then they had his family publicly disown him, and now they take away his passport for no reason whatsoever.
    Good thing he's rich and famous so he won't end up in some dark cell rotting or beaten up.

Louka, ooooaaaah!, Dopamine and 4 others like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much this.

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Agreed. It's a serious real world issue. I went to Turkey in like 2000 and everyone was so nice. A lot has changed.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't know if money is going to help him if he is sent to Turkey.

Erdogan needs to get put in his place after he had his security bear up American protesters

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

what an idiot. You call your president a dictator? has this guy ever actually lived in turkey? The people are free and happy. lovely place.

the president does have the right to revoke anyones passport. when you call the president Hitler and you are One of the most famous celebrities in your country...thats not a joke. you dont call someone hitler.

9. malakas

malakas Member

What? Do you know freedom of speech and political ideas? If Erdogan is offended he has the right to sue for defamation.
    Can you explain how exactly a president has the right to revoke someones passport for calling him a name?

Not to mention he called him Hitler AFTER he had his passport cancelled.
    Just ridiculous post that you made there tbh.

da_juice, Louka, split41 and 7 others like this.
  10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

because turkey is in a huge political uprising and they are trying hard to overthrow the government. These groups who are against him are simply being dealt with

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i guess you would feel the same now too tbh. many of my Lithuanian colleagues still go for vacations to Turkey, it's a nice place, nice people. politics and tourism can be far apart. Take Thailand, you can't criticize their king and Amnesty international has some things to say about the country, but how many people go there and feel it's wonderful.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wow this is ridiculous statement. I hope don't live in america if you believe what you typed.

13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

the rest of the world is not like America. In other countries, there are military coups and the last military coop last summer 147 people died and it's because of people like emes kanter Who give people the idea to abuse their power.

America is great and all but don't act like it's perfect.

tell me some negative statistics about turkey. oh wait you can't because it's a great country and people are just greedy and want to take over other peoples countries. I am sick and tired of these groups who want to steal and own everyone's country.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

those statements don't make much sense together. there don't tend to be political uprisings when people are free and happy.

da_juice and roslolian like this.
  15. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

The Caliph don't like Kanter's hair. Off with his head!

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The citizens who live there are free and happy. The groups who are against him are free but upset so they are trying to take over.

it is the reverse of whats happening in Syria. The masses do not rule that country and they tried to take it back so the group who owns everything and runs the military is killing them. in turkey the masses own the country and the groups trying to take over get killed.

The people elected their president in Turkey no matter what you guys say. they want him.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You know the people elected him when there has always been rampant allegations of voter fraud? There is no transparency in that government which makes it a huge red flag.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

go to Turkey and ask the people. I did and they all love him. Seriously I've never seen anything like the support the people have for their president in that country. In America half the population always hates the president, but there everyone loves him.

during the military coupe when the military tried to overthrow the president I saw people stand up to tanks and hundreds died for their president. that's how much they love him. within one hour of the coupe in lockdown at 1AM millions took to the streets, stood and fought for their president. in America, if the military ever tried to overthrow the government nobody will take to the streets and stand up to rifles and tanks for their president. Here everyone is a coward.

actually there are claims of voter fraud in America. how can we complain about other countries when our backyard is dirty?

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you aren't free to question authority, can you really say you are free at all? No matter what you say, that's why we live in the greatest country in the world. Doesn't need to be made great again.

I feel for Kanter, hope he gets out of this alive.

malakas likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball