1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter to be arrested?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2017.

1. Major

Major Member

No one makes you watch them or pay attention to anything they can, especially outside of NBA games. Has Enes Kanter ever promoted his views during a basketball game? If not, then it seems like you're complaining that you read articles or click on threads that talk about athlete's personal views.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you noted before, my complaint was less about Kanter and more about other celebrities. More specifically, its those who promote religious beliefs at the games, or those like Kaepernick, or a TV episode that blatantly pushes an agenda.

DikembeOlajuwan and Newlin like this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Saying "Have a Blessed Day" as opposed to good day, yes that is shoving it down my throat. Happened the last fews times I've used the drive through.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have had plenty of employees from different businesses tell me to have a blessed day. I have never had anyone at Chic-fil-a tell me that...but to be fair, I rarely go to chic-fil-a. You are over reacting if you think that phrase is somehow cramming religion down your throat.

Bless your heart.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thank you. Reference was quiet but intentional. That is the best moment of 20th Century Cinema, by a long shot. :D

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I love how you try to convince people that turkey is free but the whole basis of this article/thread is around someone being detained and passport being revoked because of speech.....

Which is a base human right so no they are not free maybe by your limited view and opinion they're free

They are free as long as they do exactly as the president of turkey wants.... that's not free

RiceRockets and malakas like this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]
    Just stop going here.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Mate they are doing it to protect the rest of the family from persecution.

Nobody disowns their children in a free country because they don't like their government, no matter how big of a supporter the rest of the family is...

It is illegal to criticise the government or Erdogan! Could you imagine all the people that hate Trump (for example) being sent off to prison??? You, I, everyone in western countries would be outraged!

#109 RiceRockets, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've been god blessed many times at Chick fil-a mostly. It kind of irks me I must admit but their food and service is so good I keep going back.

11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Hmmm... that's interesting. You're one of those. You don't watch the news or do research and then pretend to know something.

Chik-fil-a has been quite vocal on a number of issues, all a result of Christian beliefs. Just because you choose to ignore it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I know someone who manages a few chains and she told me that some locations have to say the Lord's Prayer before starting the day. Most locations try to avoid hiring non-christians.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

come on man, if all we are going to do is post conjecture at this point then I choose not to participate in this discussion any longer. We all have our political opinions who cares about them.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They actually do that? I'm not going to give an honest opinion about it, because that would park this in D&D, but I will say that we haven't eaten there in many years.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Same here. Heck, think about it "Have a nice day!"- well, maybe I don't feel like having a nice day. Maybe, I feel like having a crappy day. Maybe, they should say "Have a crappy day!" Then, I can respond, "Great! And **** you, too!"

(completely taken from George Carlin)

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Lovemachine2000

Me thinks Brown is losing.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That sucks, Turkey is definitely in trouble.

This whole region and the religion that dominates it are a problem for the civilized secular world.

DD

19. malakas

malakas Member

Turns out it wasn't enough to denounce him..

Is his family so called "terrorists" as well?

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Please @Brown Lost It , tell me more about Turkey's impeccable human rights, and freedom. Or does his father deserve to be tortured because he didn't disown Enes Kanter hard enough??