1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter to be arrested?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

name one other person this happened to besides kanter. his parents think it's a deal as do many turkish citizens. National pride is not a bad thing to have. We have that in America too and when someone is trying to stir up the pot in an environment where things have been unstable due to recent terrorist attacks, they should shut up. All of these terrorist attacks because One president won an election is wrong, and famous people like Kanter are only fueling these terrorists.

nobody can explain why he's a bad guy, the only thing I can think of is they don't like him because he serves the people and not the elite.

2. malakas

malakas Member

WHAT? Are you equating killing someone to be disowned by parents publicly? That was Kanter's crime that justified him "being dealt with" and denying him access to the country?

Voted in by the people perhaps to you justifies commiting multiple crimes and jailing people left and right. For most of us they don't. Human rights don't care who voted for who.

The chinese communist government is also voted by the people and help china have a great economic growth. I guess that means they are fully democratic and dont' commit any crimes either.
    I bet the chinese also love their leader..they better do. Or else.

3. malakas

malakas Member

SOME Turkish people last month also thought that having cows from holland was unpatriotic and had them slaughtered.

Honestly..I see you make all those posts..still haven't seen a single argument that explains why Kanter deserved to have his passport rescinded.
    What was his crime? Is there a law besides "disowned by his parents" ."some turkish citizens thing is a big deal" etc?

Is he a terrorist?

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It just takes one. It doesn't matter who else it has happened to. The guy is getting backlash for using words. That isn't the mark of a free nation.

Kanter isn't fueling the rebellion, unrest and a feeling of disconnection do. Don't be so ignorant. Also, these attacks happen because the nation lacks freedom at such a fundamental level that people don't believe their votes matter. If they did, they would be handling a regime change the way we are, with our votes.

Again, if he served the people, unrest at a level where violence is necessary wouldn't be happening.

5. Major

Major Member

Have you ever considered they might have disowned him to save their own lives? Having a world famous "enemy of the state" as your son does not bode well for your own lifespan in a country run by Ergodan. The letter from the parents literally said "I apologize to the President". What does that tell you?

Again, you seem be extraordinarily naive about the reality of the situation - you're as gullible as anyone gets, and Ergodan relies on people like you (and, as described earlier, Dennis Rodman in North Korea) to fall for his crap and spread his nonsense.

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

I can answer that for him, no. Now Draymond Green, that guy needs to put on watch groups and ****. Like no fly list ****.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

his family disowned him and he hates the president why does he care?

at this point it's about the safety of the Turkish citizens. famous people like kanter only fuel the terrorists

guess you guys don't care and you want terrorist attacks to keep happening in Turkey. I recall people on this message board supporting the military who killed hundreds of citizens during the coupe. I think malakas was one of them.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

You struggle from causality placement. You look at effects and string them to causes that aren't present. A liked president doesn't mean there's freedom. A celebrity speaking out doesn't cause violence. Last time I checked he didn't buy them weapons and organize a resistance, he likened the president to Hitler. Tom Hanks does that every other week to Trump and yet we don't see a brigade of millions storming the white house.

Even your statement of people being apathetic toward terrorism suffers from issues of cause and effect. Opposing the regime in Turkey does not necessarily mean you support the terrorists either. That's a very childish viewpoint.

My only hope is that you are honestly just trolling here. If so, you did a damn fine job.

9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

no, I'm not trolling. Let's all just disagree with each other and move on. Have a nice day and for future reference please keep this in the D&D.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

See, I hate that statement. If I had one gripe about America it is that viewpoint. Let's agree to disagree.

In science I would never come to you and say 1+1=3, but because you think it's 2 let's agree to disagree. Sure, there are areas where this does not apply, but our referenced conversation is not one of them. It isn't that I'm saying that green is a better color than blue, or something subjective like that. I'm pointing logical flaws, and traps you've set for yourself to synthesize the notion that 1+1 = 3. If we just agree to disagree, then ultimately what ends up happening is you spread this misinformation around and then there are more people out there who think it's so. You might not like seeing the holes in your logic, but they are still there. Going to your corner and feeling more isolated doesn't make them go away.

Major likes this.
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

no but this belongs in the debate and discussion. I don't want to start debating about what 1+1 equals

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to argue with a poster who claims a 99er is hating on Harden when you comment that Harden isn't going to be the best defensive player in the league.

13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

harden is the best player in the NBA

swap him with any of the other five superstars on the Warriors and Cavs and guaranteed he wins a championship

14. tinman

Supporting Member

So he's better than LeBron James?

I think Harden is the MVP this year but my definition of best player has a proven track record
    And plays defense

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So basically, you ignored everything I said, and chose to reply with, "Doesn't matter. His parents disowned him" as if that's the end-all be-all of truth. Just for some perspective, Djokar Tsarnaev's mother went on national TV and praised what her sons had done in Boston. Parents don't always know what's best, and they certainly aren't immune to brainwashing, or worse.

But it's cool, I'm glad you enjoyed Turkey.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Thanks, I hope nothing changes there. It's such a nice place to visit and to see culture like that exists is nice. It reminded me how America is a baby compared to the rest of the world and we really have no culture.

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I would say among all the nations in the world, U.S. actually leads in and exports it's modern culture (political, economic and social philosophies, movies, literature, music and art).

Other parts of the world has history (and culture) but U.S. have culture, and one that many people and places in the rest of the world is trying to emulate.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

outside of music, blue jeans, and feminism what do we really have?

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Politics:
    Modern democracy? Bill of Rights? The actual American revolution did kick off the start of the end of the feudal system world wide no?

Economics:
    Milton Friedman

Higher Education:
    Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Berkely, etc. etc. The amount of truly world class institutes of higher learning is unmatched.

Literature:
    Twain/Fitzgerald to GRR Martin?

Art:
    Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollack to Peter Max

Film:
    Orso Weilles to Martin Scorsese

Sports:
    Basketball is pretty much the second most popular sport world wide no? Where was it invented and cultivated?

Science and Tech:
    The entire Silicon valley in the west and Big Pharma in the East. Facebook says hi!

And yeah, Music, Blue Jeans and feminism.

Look, U.S.A. is no doubt a young country, but it's global impact is unquestionable. How American's do things very quickly become how world do things currently.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Troll lost it needs some educating

AroundTheWorld likes this.