1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown reports back to the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Oct 23, 2017.

1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Ken Giles has ruined more than one game, none as important as yesterday though. Agreed. This team will do as well as they prepare and execute. They just won't be liked by those who are opposed to their beliefs. Luckily Bill O'brien has taken over a program that was coming off controversy. They'll play for their brothers if they are a true "team" nothing wrong with it. I'll support them either way

#201 FLAGRANT1, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

He miscalculated his worth. The Texans are hardliners and only budge for (future)hall-of-famers. I respect both sides. He took his shot and I can't fault him. Grown men can't fault other grown men for trying to get more. And he may have used PEDs ...
    was that a burn or something?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was pointing out how Bob McNair stood by him both times that he popped for PED use and how he's an ungrateful POS....but that's no surprise to anyone.

4. texian

texian Member

It's just business.

Brown wants to play closer to his Los Angeles home, and he wants more $$$$$.

His excuse is McNair is a Republican, Brown being a Democrat.

He'll say it's not about money, and that alone will be the evidence it's always about the money.

ipaman likes this.
  5. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Ungrateful...he should kiss his ring? Bob McNair was looking out for Bob Mcnair's business interest, that is all. Just as he stood by Cushing. It's all about his bottom line. Duane nor anyone should have to deal with putting his body on the line for someone he perceives to think of him and his people as prison-fodder. He felt disrespected. If I'm your boss, sure I pay you but I don't gain your blind loyalty. I can't say dumb **** like "how ungrateful" when you storm out after I call you a loser. Duane doesn't owe him anything but what he leaves out on that field. From what I remember he's pretty damn good.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

May have.... He was suspended for PED use!
    So tainted beef excuse is good enough for you but not I wasn't talking about them excuse. Double standard much...

7. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

You're horrible at arguing ipaman...his using PEDs happened but nobody cares. Racism and PED use are on opposite ends of the CAREometer

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL racism? That's not something that is involved with this conversation at all.....unless of course you mean the racism involved with people judging Bob McNair based on the color of his skin.

ipaman likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

needs to be left in Seattle. I was excited that he might return to solidify that line and provide protection for the franchise qb. Instead he's done everything a leader is not supposed to do. He wants to start a riot in the asylum because they wouldn't cave in to his demands and is now using bob's inability to quote an idiom to burn everything in his path. This is Watson's team not yours duane.

Duncan McDonuts and ipaman like this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I wish they would've stuck him in coach on their way back to Cleveland

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I swear you can't connect any thoughts together. McNair cared enough to support Brown and his tainted beef story. McNair stood by his player when the league wouldn't. Compare that to when McNair needed some support for his misconstrued words witchhunt. Instead Brown is leading the line to tear down the very man that defended him. Sherman was right, folks do show who they really are and we should believe them when they do.

Duncan McDonuts and J.R. like this.
  12. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

McNair supported him publicly for BUSINESS reasons. Nobody believes the tainted beef story. PED usage doesn't look good for the Texans brand. Nobody really cares it is all manufactured outrage.

Conversely, Duane Brown believes McNair is a POS for what he said and most of the roster agrees. McNair gets no loyalty for saying that bullshit. Get over yourself. He is a man before anything else.Let Mcnair stew a lil...

13. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

You are a professional prodder...I see what you're all about. I pray the worst things in life happen to you and only you...

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Too extreme

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, adorable.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what people say or do in this world there will always be people who take their side, and people who look at the situation differently. Everyone has their own morals and beliefs of what is right and wrong. There will always be racial viewpoints, political viewpoints, religious viewpoints, and what people view as unpatriotic or Anti-American. An occupation doesn't define a person, but when the organization and those in it defend or protect those doing something you see as wrong or offensive, then you can choose not to support that organization. I got off Facebook during election time because I got sick and tired of everyone posting political BS I had to scroll past. I quit watching the NBA and NFL because I was offended by how and when the players decided to protest. Duane will just stir that stuff up even more, because it is what he likes to do. I'm just glad I don't watch it anymore. But, if you don't like it, and don't agree with the players all sticking together and doing this kind of BS, then just stop watching it and go camping or fishing instead....LOL. You will probably have more fun anyway.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Whichever side people take, they need not to turn on each other which this board is doing. I can see both sides. I side with the players on this BUT some things they do I don’t agree with. I also understand Bob’s side. The dude from the Dodgers said it best. We need to learn and get better from this. At the same time, it won’t be easy.

18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

TY

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Brown needs to go. A cancer

J.R. likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, turning on each other over what you believe in is pointless and just rude. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, and getting down right nasty to people you don't agree with, or making personal attacks really shouldn't be tolerated. I've seen a lot of really nasty comments directed towards people in here, myself included. It's not only immature, but just spoils the fun people have discussing the posts in the forum.

red5rocket likes this.