1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown reports back to the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Oct 23, 2017.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I comprehend just fine I know why they are doing this, I have no problem with the right to protest. I just believe they don't have the right to protest how and where they are doing it. By the way I don't worship or idolize a flag. I do try to respect the flag and our country. But you believe what you will and l'll do the same.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Actually people died to give them the right to peacefully protest at any time they choose.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you, but believe me, it's pointless to argue the point with people who don't feel that way. My easy fix was just to stop watching the NFL and NBA because I don't support the organizations who let guys protest during the anthem. Go Astros!

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Start watching the NBA again.

They don't allow guys to protest during the anthem.

Stop watching the MLB.

I don't think they force players to stand during the anthem.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Really?

Didn't you just say this:
    So which is it? Because to date, there has been 1 MLB player confirmed to have kneeled during the anthem and it wasn't against MLB rules, and there have been no confirmed NBA players kneeling, that I am aware of.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

My thing is it sucks that you would take this stance now that the Texans have finally found the player they and every other team needed. You are a die-hard Clutchfan who has good input on the games. This will be the most exciting season in Texans history not to mention NFL history and you are allowing politics to ruin it for you. Besides it never helps to run away from the problem.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I usually turn the game on right at 12 and miss all that political stuff.

I don't watch espn anymore

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Standing in locked arms is what they did. It's a form of protest. Anyway, I don't care if it doesn't bother you so why do you care if it bothers me? To each his own. Yes, I contradicted myself saying I don't support organizations who think it is fine to do this. But, I also don't think anyone should have to be forced to show a little respect when someone is singing the National Anthem and bearing colors.

#249 deb4rockets, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, it does suck. Maybe one day I will get over it. It makes me mad that all this political social stance stuff had to be done during the anthem. I just find it offensive. I wish I didn't. I don't care how good players are, if they think doing protesting during the National Anthem is fine and dandy, especially on foreign soil. I miss football, and am angry I don't even want to root for the team I used to love and cheer for. They ruined that for me.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If I recall correctly, after kickoff, it might have been brought up once then that was it. People complaining that they won’t watch, it’s really just prekickoff they have to worry about. Announcers know this so they try not to mention it.

12. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Didn't know you were white but I was looking forward to you keepin your word. No such luck

13. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Whatever dude, go away, you don't like me cause I am white. Shows your character

14. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Huh?

15. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Huh?

16. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

To be honest with you if we were to meet in real life we would probably agree on more things than not, this type of dialogue is hard for me to express my true thoughts, I have a hard time typing, never was very good at it. I have tried to stay out of the fray and I am going to definately going to back out now. Sorry for the harshness in my words.

FLAGRANT1 likes this.