1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown reports back to the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Oct 23, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm sure a good chunk of players do love him, but this type of thing does cause issues. Vegas already builds in a handicap against teams that have active protests going on because the research shows it leads to distractions. Guys aren't focused enough. Duane is hurting his team by going to the media about all of this now and being vocally opposed to the owner of the team.

smitheygerard likes this.
  2. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He also seems to have stirred up a bunch of **** since he's been back. Yeah, yeah McNair etc... I'm just saying. He definitely hates McNair and doesn't want to play for him...and now he's gonna be blocking for our rookie franchise QB. I'm not a fan of that.

3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

EXACTLY.

4. justtxyank

Perfect example:

Many players don't even want to play today. Geez

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t agree. Many players have been going to the media. Some teams can get through it, some can’t. An example would be Sherman and the Seahawks. They can get through it.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Duane is not a player to to throw a teammate under the bus though. You may not like him but he always protects the qb. He wouldn’t try to set an example but getting a teammate hurt. That’s the lowest of the lowest. When he’s here, he plays.

7. justtxyank

Sherman isn't leading his teammates in a revolt against THEIR OWN TEAM. That's a big difference.

smitheygerard likes this.
  8. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He's only here for personal reasons and to cause problems that's pretty clear. He's got an agenda to lead the locker room to protest against their own team. How does that sit well with any Texans fan?

Screw him and screw these protests I just want to watch football.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that. And you seem to be fighting everyone on here that seems to side with the players but that’s not the case here.

There’s nothing that shows Duane Brown would get Watson hurt or is hurting the team play because he’s going after Bob. What if everyone feels this way and Duane is just the only one strong enough to speak out? We all know the Texans don’t go out and get the players that have aggressive backgrounds. They want players that kind of speak silently.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans come out, play hard, entertain you, you should be proud. That’s what they are suppose to do. There’s nothing that says they won’t play hard. Everyone is jumping to conclusions. This is still something these guys love to do. If they come out and have no effort, hey, we can talk about there being distractions. I won’t even hesitate to side with you. But we just don’t know. They could use this as fire.

And if you aren’t here for protest, you don’t have to be on this board. This board talks about everything. This board is basically all access. We are here to talk about these things.

11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Few if any are saying that, but I have no interest in him influencing Watson or others with his opinions. If he doesn't want to be a part of this franchise then he isn't going to do anything but hurt the team locker room.

I'm sure some others feel the same way as brown, but there are likely plenty who completely disagree with him and that type of division on a team doesn't lead to strong camaraderie. We need the real team leaders to step up to the plate asap before brown tries to drag the whole team down with him.

12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Seriously? Isn't it blatantly obvious I was talking about the NFL protests, anthem kneeling, etc in general...? Not specifically the Texans.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about this stupid stuff. I don't care if the players kneel, sit, stand, put a middle finger to the crowd, or wave the north korean flag during the anthem I just want to watch football. I don't tune in to hear about politics. Heck, espn even has an article they put out every single week that lists the specific players from each team that "protested." It's just gotten out of hand.

The worst part is the majority of these players haven't even attempted to make any tangible action that actually makes a difference for the cause they are protesting. The seahawks are an exception bc they created that equality and justice fund.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Totally understand but these are men. What they believe in, they will stand up for. Some choose different ways to do so. As a former athlete, of course not at this level, I used outside things to punish opponents. That’s what has to be done.

We all know who Watson is already. He’s about faith, family and football. I honestly believe nothing can distract this guy.

Fans just have to stick together too rather than bashing one another like this board. This is turning posters against each other.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

And what I’m telling you is, if your tired of hearing it, why come here? This is where we talk about it lol

Messaging on this board is not going to stop them from doing it. Your feeding what you don’t like.

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I mean't I'm tired of hearing about it when I'm watching the game. Obviously things like that will come up on an internet forum, or talk radio, etc. I can ignore that stuff when I'm on a website, but I shouldn't have to mute the TV to avoid it during Texans games.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m with you on that but the big picture is why it all started.

17. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I call bullshit.. the 49ers under Eric Reid have met with several municipalities in and around the San Francisco area to discuss profiling and gun safety. Colin has stayed true his pledge of speaking out, raising awareness and donating the 1 million...Chris Long of the Eagles is playing for free this year donating all of his salary to charity...The Players union has met with owners to discuss social issues moving forward

If you don't care then just watch football and don't speak about something you know nothing about...

18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Do you understand what majority means?

I didn't feel the need to list all the exceptions. One was sufficient.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Relax lol me and @smitheygerard are ok. Friendly debate

20. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member