1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Media have Licence or Even an Obligation to Question an Elderly Leader's Mental Capacity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 8, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Cake walk".....did you get that from me? I just came up with that a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.

5. CometsWin

You seem to be oblivious of the fact that McCain served, fought, and was tortured during years spent in a POW camp while Donald Trump is just a big mouth, silver spoon buffoon who didn't serve or fight in Vietnam. In your mind, that's somehow advantage Trump. Wut?

justtxyank likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He wrecked a jet on his own putting rank and file in danger and then they gave him another one
    Do you not see what's wrong with that
    He wasn't qualified to fly based on class rank

Why do you think they let him fly

7. CometsWin

None of your claims contradict what I said. Are you on drugs?

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does the reason they let him fly have anything to do with the reason Trump dodged service in Vietnam altogether and then called him avoiding STD's during that period his own personal Vietnam?

Bottom line is that McCain had the courage and dedication to serve, fly, suffer through torture as a POW while Trump served his own interest on his Daddy's dime.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I started this thread

It's about the Maverick

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Y'all started comparing McCain to Trump

I wasn't the first person to comment on his condition in his other thread

I don't watch that dumb ****

Did you learn anything about Russia

11. CometsWin

The thread title asks if the media has an obligation to question an elderly leader's mental capacity. Your question just sort of blew up in your face.

When you have a President prone to weird conspiracy theories who repeats himself, often within the same sentence and really can't speak a coherent thought for more than ten seconds without scatterbraining his way onto some tangent then yes, it's the media's obligation to question his mental health. Not to mention his penchant for lying, claiming one thing one day and the opposite the next day like he's on some whistle stop tour and no one at the new stop knows what he said at the last stop. Dude acts like a drug addict whose brain is rotted out. All Trump knows how to do is attack people and run his mouth using a postcard's worth of knowledge on complex issues as if he knows what he's talking about. I'm sure once Trump is dead and buried and can't threaten to sue anyone any longer we're going to hear all kinds of stories about what a loon he was. You don't find it odd that the only friends he really has are his employees? It's spectacularly creepy.

#71 CometsWin, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Rashmon, fchowd0311 and justtxyank like this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

John McCain was repeatedly cited for his great skills as a pilot by hr navy and was given awards for such BEFORE he was ultimately shot down. He's also not the only pilot in history to crash a plane due to pilot error.

It's weird pgabs.
    1) trump is the healthiest president we've had
    2) nothing to the Russia thing
    3) attacking John McCain
    4) responding to yourself multiple times in a row
    5) getting easily agitated and spouting off insults

are you Donald....nah never mind couldnt be.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't wanna argue about McCain's service but he wasn't a great pilot ad evidenced by his record

I've talked to older naval academy guys about the nepotism

Fine McCain used his name to fly jets but he wouldn't have been able to fly them graduating the bottom ten percent of his class

And being given a second jet after wrecking one on his own is ridiculous

I've never bought this up during my past time in this forum but it's not a new subject with me

McCain sells his record of service
    It's fair game

Secondly I said Trump was healthy not the healthy

Again with the putting words my mouth

#73 pgabriel, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The first weird theory is that Donald Trump went through the tremendous effort of winning a presidential campaign to save 15% on a Russian loan or whatever the flip

All Insanity has followed from that

15. justtxyank

As evidence by the fact that he wrecked a plane? Is he the only pilot to wreck a plane due to pilot error that kept flying? Genuine question because I don't know. There is one crashed plane attributed to his error. Other than that his record is one of accommodations and commendations for his flying skills.

Oh wow, that's impressive!

To my knowledge there is no rule about where you graduate in your undergraduate class to determine whether you can fly. 10,000 people sit for the entrance exam every year. If you pass the exam you get into flight school.

Again, is this your opinion or is there some evidence to support it? Do other pilots get to fly again if they wreck a plane? Do you have any proof either way?

Well I'm glad there was some impetus now that the man is no longer running for president for you to raise this very important issue. Seems like an odd time to start besmirching John McCain...unless it's all about Trump.

You are right. You said "very healthy" I added the "healthiest" thing quoting his doctor. I assumed you believed that because other than him being overweight we don't know anything about his health other than his doctor saying he would be the healthiest man ever elected to the presidency. (lol) Well we do know he loves ice cream and fast food and doesn't believe in exercise. Very healthy.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You know what my bad

He has three crashes before being shot down

Do you think that's normal

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06/nation/na-aviator6

17. justtxyank

One crash that was pilot error. One of those "crashes" was actually another pilot accidentally firing a missile that hit the plane next to him. One plane where the engine died.

Again, you are asking me if this is "normal." I have no idea. I was not a navy leader in the 1960s-1970s so I have no idea. Do you have anything to say it was abnormal? Other than your conjecture? Right now we have you saying "not normal" and claiming nepotism because you talked to old navy people who didn't like him. His official record includes accommodations for his flight skills and medals.

It's weird that you've "held these beliefs" for a long time but didn't bother to discuss them when he was running for president but choose to have this beef NOW. Why are you so interested in smearing him now? Is he really offending Trump that much?

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're the king of conjeture

It's "weird" I don't talk about it then

Whatever

19. justtxyank

I haven't made any conjecture, only you.

I'm posting factual responses to your questions. You've asked me if this is "normal" and then suggested nepotism and other unprovable things.

Please post something that proves other pilots who crash 1 plane due to pilot error are no longer allowed to fly.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

First crash not due to engine failure

My bad I realize I had to fact check my source