1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Media have Licence or Even an Obligation to Question an Elderly Leader's Mental Capacity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 8, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If said leader is demonstrating symptoms of senility.

Asking for a certain loooong time Southwest US Senator

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In case anybody missed it:

At the point that it begins to affect his job performance, I believe they do, though I'd prefer they do with a reasonable degree of delicacy, especially with respect to someone like McCain with a really long history of service to the country.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I honestly just felt bad watching it

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Asking for a short time US President.

R0ckets03, B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you're talking about Trump he is actually very healthy for his age

Relax on trying to find stuff wrong with him

They're enough Trump threads

cml750 likes this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

He is extremely sensitive. To the point where it hurts his own cause. It's not the sign of an emotionally healthy adult.

#6 Chilly_Pete, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    B-Bob likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't have to find anything wrong with him. Those things are incredibly evident to anyone with any objectivity whatsoever.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro it's a McCain and his health thread

Relax

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Trump needs to check Ruth Bader Ginsburg's "mental health". She might not be fit to judge.

cml750 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"Healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency"

PGabriel=Dr. Bornstein?

Rashmon likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Has she done anything to make you think ths, because she seems razor sharp when I hear her speak.

Iif not, congtats. That is straight up from the Soviet Union/Nazi Germany political playbook. Maybe you could even get her commited to an asylum for the rest of her life "for her protection". You could even mix in a lobotomy.

I was legit worried for McCsin yesterday. Good job turning that into something slimy.

#11 Ottomaton, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We have a minimum age requirements for the President, Senators, and Reps.

It may be time for a maximum age requirement.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I prefer a professional experienced legislative body so I'm not a big fan of term limits but damn if John McCain did not make a case for them yesterday.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

He's an Adonis.

[​IMG]

peleincubus, jo mama and Rashmon like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of McCain. I wish we could have had an opportunity to have him president (and probably would have voted for him if not for Obama). And, I really have appreciated the way he's stood up for rational conservatism in the face of the rise of Trump. It'll be a shame if his health handicaps his ability to continue to serve. But, I think it's for McCain and his family to decide if he can continue to serve, and then for the Arizona voters at the next election.

Actually, we know nothing at all about Trump's health except that he hasn't keeled over in public.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Any worse than:

"
    And by the way, China isn’t abiding by anything. They’re buying all of our coal; we can’t use coal anymore essentially. They’re buying our coal and they’re using it. Now when you talk about the planet, it’s so big out there — we’re here, they’re there, it’s like they’re our next door neighbor, right, in terms of the universe. Miss Universe, by the way, I made a great deal when I sold — oh did I get rich.

(Laughter)

That was a great deal. You know, they broke my choppers on that. They said he talks about illegal immigration, we’re not going to put him on television. First of all, Univision is being sued like crazy; you wouldn’t believe it. And NBC, I made a great deal with them, just like an amazing deal, far more than I would have ever gotten — I mean, I made an unbelievable deal — far more than I ever would have gotten if I said I think I’m going to sell it if times were normal, right? Isn’t it amazing the way that stuff can work out?

But I love Miss Universe and I love the universe. But think of it. So China is spewing up all this stuff and we’re holding back. And with China — you know, we signed these agreements where we have to do it now, they have to do it within 30 or 35 years. I don’t think they’re going to be doing it.

It’s like Japan. If somebody attacks Japan, we have to immediately go and start World War III, OK? If we get attacked, Japan doesn’t have to help us. Somehow, that doesn’t sound so fair. Does that sound good?"

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You read Nazi playbooks?

18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I read history books.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Has McCain ever said anything like "largest inaugural crowd ever" or "biggest landslide ever" or "bigly" or "covfefe"? Maybe if he ever gets to that point we can start to worry.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I find that McCain is "with it" almost always when speaking and is still a respected staple to the Senate. I will say though that although he speaks publicly like a Maverick, he almost always votes with his GOP counterparts so I'm not really sure how much of a maverick he really is beyond tough talk.

Thursday however was an embarrassing moment, but I think it would be unwise for media outlets to go after his mental capacity and age. He's with it way more than some younger law makers on his side of the Isle.

And yes McCain is "with it" more than President Trump and it's not even close. Trump can't speak in complete sentences in normal everyday speeches.

adoo likes this.