1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Media have Licence or Even an Obligation to Question an Elderly Leader's Mental Capacity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 8, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump is the same person he was forty years ago

Complete with Eastern European spouse

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I question some mental capacities in here with daily Trump barrage

I mean you knew what you were getting

I don't care life goes on

He is a jerk

It's not a constitutional barrier to holding highest office in land

But I will also say this. He used Twitter more effectively than anyone in the history of the world

That type **** deserves credit
    He gets out in front of every store
    He apparently doesn't need sleep
    How many old people can you say that about

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's a show and y'all are wrapped up

He won't press the button

I promise

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Judge Judy has been the highest paid person on television

The previous sentence is not about Judge Judy

John McCain prepared to run for president his entire life
    That is a very serious statement

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You know what's paranoid

Donald Trump funded his own presidential campaign to knock down the interest rate on a shady Russian bank loan

Sorry I could go on and on

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he was a crude, classless, ham-fisted buffoon 40 years ago when he was trying trying to con everybody back then selling flashy gold "Trump" branded "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" limos. The kind of guy who runs around putting chintzy gold plating on everything. They kind of guy who's favorite adjective is, "classy". The kind of person that mistakes costliness for quality. The kind of guy who buys a beautiful, 1930's craftsman masterpiece of a house, and tears it down to put up a pink stuccoed McMansion. The kind of guy who buys his wife a boob job for Christmas when she's never even mentioned wanting one.

I don't see why I should change forty years of disdain and disgust because the country lost it's collective mind and sense of decorum. If you polled me about him in the 80's I'd have expressed the same disgust for him then that I feel for him now. I found him to be a contemptible, disgusting human being back when he was trying to get into politics on the Democratic ticket, too.

He's actually a whole lot like a whole lot of wealthy real estate people I've met. A bad human being with an opinion of himself that is completely at odds with reality. He has failed time and time again professionally. What he has is the dogged determination of a dullard, who keeps on trying because he's too full of himself to step back and look at himself objectively. He isn't remotely as intelligent as he thinks he is, and if he had been, he'd have swallowed a bullet after the 3rd or 4th bankruptcy. At best, he has become moderately clever through years of trial and error in the skills of his chosen profession. He makes ridiculous demands in negotiations and, in the style of Dunning-Kruger, people who are more intelligent acquiesce.

He's a paradox - successful because he's too thick and self-delusional to realize what a loser he is so he just keeps on churning when someone with self awareness would throw in the towel - and as a result, has gotten ahead. He's basically rich, because it never occurred to him that he might not have a birthright to be.

I've always felt that way about him. I'm not going to suddenly pretend otherwise because you for some bizarre reason don't see how repulsive and gauche he is.

But you know what? The country seems to have fallen in love with crappy, stuccoed gaudy McMansions laden with cheap gold plating and shoddy craftsmanship, and fountains with "urinating" babies for the water stream right in the front, so maybe the country has exactly who they want and deserve. Just don't expect me to pretend I'm on board like you are.

#47 Ottomaton, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Rashmon, CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If you TITLE a thread, for instance:
    "Can we question the financial judgment of NFL players after retirement?" or
    "Does media even have license to question any professional athlete's off-field life?"

You think people will ONLY talk about ONE single case?

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Both Nancy and Ron Jr. had spoken and advocated publicly in favor of stem cell research, in direct reference to Reagan's Alzheimer's.

B-Bob and pgabriel like this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Life goes on".....did you get that from me? I just came up with that a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Man, thought you were referring to Trump.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

My theory is that most extremely wealthy Real Estate Moguls got to their position from being born into massive capital. It's the go to proffesion for people born with massive capital who never tried to obtain a discernable skill and thus just relied on the capital they were born with it. They lived their entire life with praise and adulation for merely being born wealthy. They develop no grit, skill or sound character.
    Getting into the Naval Academy in itself is a accomplishment. He also got in with his own merit unlike Trump and UPenn.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And put people in danger wrecking a jet he had no business flying

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Perhaps he realized his limitations and jumped over to politics. Why such attack? Don't agree with him all that much but McCain's character seems solid to me. Certainly way ahead of Trump.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm just saying I've heard complaints about Trump privilege

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't think joining military combat and being captured is privilege, certainly not anywhere close to Trump who made numerous excuses to avoid military service. Can't really compare these two in that respect.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He got shot down after wrecking a jet he shouldn't have been flying

Military is full we get to fly jets

Flying jets is a privilege

Surely you're not dense enough to miss that

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

To begin with they cost a lot and Trump got Lockheed to bring the price down

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Lol, now I pretty sure you are trolling.

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro they gave him another jet after ****ing one up with no help from the Vietcong

You've never wanted to fly a jet growing up