1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is 33% better player to.

2. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I just put DeRozan in the equation, because that dude sucks, and he's still getting paid more than Lin, but w/o the backlash from his own fanbase (could be wrong about that).

3. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

He's been solid for many seasons. I'm a lifelong Nuggets fan, so don't even discuss Denver ball. Linsanity was beyond anything Lawson has done. I don't know if Linsanity happens in Houston, but if it does, you're in for a treat. If it doesn't, then you can be happy you were right about him the entire time.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I agree he is overrated. I would take Lin over him. Toronto fuked up on that pick.

5. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

They fu¢ked up with giving Landry that 3/19 contract as well. I don't know what Colangelo is doing up there.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Linsanity was for a 3 week period. Lawson has been more consistent. By that logic Raymond Sessions had a massive 2 month period a few years back with the Bucks so he is better then Lawson to because Lawson hasnt got up to that level.

Heck i saw Tony Delk score 50 points for phoenix..

7. maizer

maizer Member

Oh the irony.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Landry is a ineffecient overrated defender who just cant do anything well.

9. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I hear you man, it was a streak. It was an awesome streak though. It was fun and exciting, and I can only hope to experience that energy again. Sorta like what Harden did vs. Detroit, but extended for an entire month. The story was captivating, and since you weren't there, you'll never understand the full impact it had. When Lin wasn't matched by Dolan, www.realgm.com imploded (Knicks forum). I think there were about 6+ threads, 100+ pages each in a span of hours, talking about Lin's departure. There's a reason Knicks fans still talk about Lin, and publications still roll out articles around Lin. Dude was an icon in NY, and he earned it.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thnk LINS CEILING is just as much as Lawson, if not more, but he needs to time.

11. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Lawson has been groomed by George Carl, he is ahead of Lin in development. Lin's been bouncing around the league for the first two years, and Keith Smart was his rookie coach, so you might as well throw that year out the window. I am not sure how good a coach McHale is yet, but hopefully he develops Lin into a perfect partner for Harden. "I am very excite" about the potential of that backcourt.

12. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Dudes a troll, no need to feed the troll.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Let's be real; which starting point guard is Lin better than?

I'd say he's definitely clear cut better than: Chalmers, Sessions, Felton, Jameer Nelson (though Nelson has been doing his job consistently well for years now), Mike Conley, and whoever the hell New Orleans is trotting out as their pg (Austin Rivers?)

It's debatable whether he's better than: Darren Collison (I think Collison has immense potential) and George Hill (he impressed me a bit in the playoffs, but his assists are WAY too low for a starting pg)
    <br>
    Other than that, basically every single team has a better starting PG than Lin. Makes me a bit sad.

Teague
    Wall
    Rondo
    D-Will
    Holiday
    Lowry
    Rose
    Irving
    Jennings
    Dragic
    Nash
    Paul
    Curry
    Mo Williams
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Rubio
    Lawson
    Parker
    <br>
    I honestly have no idea where to rank Knight on the list because last night was the first time I've actually seen him play.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thought I heard it all until this post.

15. koopa

koopa Member

Yes it's the knee. I'm just babying my knee to recovery. Your's truly. Jeremy Lin.

16. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

From your list, lets look at the players he went head to head with.
    Teague = outplayed teague last year in their only matchup.
    Wall = destroyed wall in their only matchup
    Rondo = got destroyed by rondo
    D-Will = outplayed dwill, but dwill shot 8-9 from 3 land in 2nd meeting
    Holiday = close, but will give the nod to lin
    Lowry = didn't play
    Rose = blocked rose 2x, and kept him at 12-29 for 32 pts. rose = MVP
    Irving = outplayed irving, not even close
    Jennings = shut down jennings in the 4th
    Dragic = didn't play
    Nash = didn't play
    Paul = didn't play
    Curry = didn't play
    Mo Williams = didn't play
    Westbrook = didn't play
    Lillard = didn't play
    Rubio = draw, but lin was clutch in the 4th and Rubio bounced the ball of his foot on the last timberwolves possession. clutch matters so lin wins.
    Lawson = didn't play
    Parker = parker owned

1 person likes this.
  17. trowa

trowa Member

idk.... teague? wall? lin's been owning wall since summer league.

18. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

BTW, I saw all the games of the players I put notes next to. Lin was either better or on par with everyone except Rose, Parker, and Rondo. Too bad you didn't put Chalmers on that list, it would've helped your case.

19. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I think it's very debatable that John Wall and Rubio are better than Lin. I love Rubio, but he has no shot. I'm not a fan of Wall's, but I won't judge him until he plays a season with better players around him. I think Lin is already better than him.

Teague, Holiday -- debatable too.

Poor Nash is looking so old. :(

We shall see. That's why basketball is exciting.

PS. You forgot Felton, lol.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's one thing I don't like about him, play for some superstitious space daddy who probably doesn't exist? Keep it to yourself and stop bragging about it.