1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Poor Nash, regretting making the Lakeshow one of my 5 NBA League Pass teams.

2. koopa

koopa Member

I find it kinda ironic when Russell westbrook has 6 turnovers and 0 steals and everybody just keeps quiet about it. But when jeremy lin has an off-night of 4 turnovers but 4 steals, everyone criticizes. And the same goes for his 25 million dollar contract saying they're over-paying him when there are tons other players who are gettin overpaid who are much worse than him.and this is just the MLE or slightly above MLE we're talking about

1 person likes this.
  3. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

You'll find that a lot of athletes, across all sports, are heavy Bible thumpers. I think it gives them an advantage in sports, believing in something beyond yourself. It might help elite athletes to push through the disappointments of competition. That's my dime story psycho-babble.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's called mentally weak.

5. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Easiest route for me, is to pull the race. Their is a very unusual double-standard when it comes to Lin, that no other promising NBA talent gets. Rubio is coming back from an ACL tear, but people aren't harping on the possibility that it might ruin his career. People take a "lets sit back and see what happens" approach with other young stars, but with Lin, everyone is sure they know who he is, how he plays, by reading ESPN garbage. Instead of watching the games, they just assume that if Stephen A Smith says it, it's true, even though SAS didn't watch any ANY of the Linsanity games live(if at all).

6. maizer

maizer Member

From what I can tell Lin's been pretty humble and respectful about it, nowhere near as provocative as your comments.

7. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

That's your prognosis. I don't believe in a higher entity, but I'll never judge a person who does. Whatever it takes to succeed in this life, you gotta take advantage of. It's rough out there, and you can look at your future as ashes in an urn, or believe that there are relatives waiting for you on the other side. Either way, we be dead, and the beliefs that you had while alive, won't matter, you're still dead. Might as well make the life you have, more enjoyable, because it will end.

8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I think perhaps as fans we're overly sensitive about our favorites. My Twitter blew up with criticism of Westbrook, including speculation that OKC traded the wrong player. And some of the recent head-scratching contract signings have definitely made Lin's seem much more reasonable, perhaps good value in the end.

I do agree that the turnover issue is overblown. I think that's just perception. Lin has a weak looking handle... but his turnover rate is nothing extraordinary IMO.

1 person likes this.
  9. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Westbrook is the most physically gifted PG in the league, even more so than D Rose. He's a poor decision maker, and it leads to losses. The guy is running with Kevin Durant (who is insanely efficient), and will chuck the ball in the air, even if he's having an off day. No doubt, when the ball is dropping, my jaw is dropping, but when the ball ain't dropping, I'm shaking my head, wondering why he's not passing it out to Durant. Westbrook is a MAX player, and deserves all criticisms. Lin, he get paid Dragic money, and no one harps on Dragic.

10. koopa

koopa Member

Well if Lin has 4 turnovers and 4 steals it's mentioned in the media and commentators of mainly his turnovers. His turnovers are mostly from daring passes which isn't really a bad possession when occassionally the scrub couldnt catch his pass. It's not like lin fumbles the ball that results in a turnover.
    Twitter aside, the media never mentions Westbrook chucking his shots today (much worse than Lin's shooting) and his 6 turnovers. Can the media please mention his 0 steals pls? because 6 turnovers and 0 steals is like 6 lost possessions without anything in return from steals.
    To me Lin's turnovers don't mean much since he gets 2-3 steals in return that is a momentum boost for the team; especially late in games

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Westbrooks drives to the paint were quite awesome. But hey it some time for him to develop these skillz in the nba.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Players or PG'S BETTER

Williams
    Irving
    Paul
    Rondo
    Wall
    Rose
    Lawson
    Westbrook
    Dragic
    Lowry
    Parker
    Lillard
    on par

Rubio
    Bledsoe
    Teague
    Curry

Better
    Holiday
    Conley
    M Williams

13. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Hey, are you a girl? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought you mentioned that in a post...

I'm always surprised to see other women as big of a basketball fanatic as I am.

Roxxy is another.

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Are you seriously saying Bledsoe is on par or better than Lin? :eek: Is this real life?

Also, Curry can have his spot on that list if he ever gets bionic ankles, until then he's a non-factor.

15. maizer

maizer Member

You say Lin's 3 week campaign last year was too small, yet put one game Lillard on the list?

16. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

GOLD. Just GOLD.

17. slickster

slickster Member

This is an incredibly bizarre thread.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bledsoe is a monster.The guy has unlimited potential and currently is a damn monster on both sides of the ball. If he was a starter people would drooling over him.He is a better defendere then Lin and his offense isnt that far off.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You could see Lillard was a stud even college. By seasons end people will be calling him a future top 3 pg.

20. maizer

maizer Member

It's not like Lillard played in the ACC so it's still surprising.

Players or PG'S BETTER imho

Williams
    Paul
    Rondo
    Wall
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Lowry
    Parker
    Lillard
    Nash

Others are close enough