1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket Guy, May 7, 2010.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

You don't think it's possible for a guy that is notorious for being a health/workout freak to take a supplement not knowing that an ingredient was banned?

Hell, even if he was taking something that he knew was banned, it doesn't mean he was straight up juicing from a needle. Kevin and Pat Williams, along with the Saints DE (can't think of the name) were busted in '08 for banned substances, and none of them have been tagged as "roid-heads".

At the end of the day, I think there are few guys that are stupid enough to do hard steroids. An NFL body will not hold up long-term with steroid abuse. If it turns out that Cushing was actually juicing, I'll be pretty shocked.

2. askball

askball Member

I wonder if this will affect his Madden rating...

3. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

come on cushing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

www.quickfixurine.com/

you make multi millions, but can't go buy some fake piss for your damn drug test?? WTF

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Anything is possible, but I find it very improbable that a professional athlete who by necessity makes his living off his body and is a workout/health freak to take random supplements without knowing what ingredients he is taking. Maybe Joe the Gym Rat will pop whatever someone tells him will work, but million dollar athletes have to possess the brain of a DoDo bird to take supplements without knowing the ingredients.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess so, but the player at USC who was most obviously on steroids was Taylor Mays. His was literally a dangerous weapon on defense to the health of opposing players because he was so physically freakish. Some of the hits he delivered made me cringe.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Don't they watch you take the piss? or at least they did in playmakers.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The false positive excuses are total BS. That stuff does not exist. It is so people like yourself will believe their sob story that they bought some powder at GNC and it was a mistake.

There is no doubt in the world he was full of synthetic testosterone and Androgenic Anabolic Steroids.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cowboys are going to punish the texans even more now.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

its a shame that he will miss the first 4 games, (very important games)
    but its his fault for doing that.

and if he can maintain the level of last year, his career wont be over, but If he cant play like last year, then he will have problems later in his NFL career.

10. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I wonder what the Texan's organization statement will say. They have always tried to present themselves as a clean cut organization and keeping away from drafting and signing questionable players. And well this is very disappointing not only because someone was caught cheating but it's a player who everyone had high aspirations on and proud of after the season he had last year.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Too many parties over at Roger's place. He probably got tired of Roger's wife bragging she had bigger cups than him. Lil' Runt.

12. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Rick Smith already released a statement:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6151

Stupid NFL Network doesn't know what Rick Smith looks like. When they read his statement on the air, the screen showed a picture of former defensive coordinator Richard Smith. I guess all Smith's look alike. :p

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'm as big of a Cushing fan as the next guy but I think you're being a little naive about the whole thing. It wasn't much of a secret that him and Clay Matthews were juicing it up at USC. In this case, I just don't think you can presume that he "accidentally" used some OTC supplements that just happened to contain PEDs.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well the guy has been punished for it. He's missing 1/4 of a season. Had Bonds, McGwire, etc. ever been suspended for 40 games, maybe people wouldn't have been as hard on them.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

a little o/t but :eek: on some of the other uses.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Doubt it. Game is still at home.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Why does this standard exist for baseball and not for football? Clemens, who was a freaking baseball legend, gets absolutely raked over the coals for using steroids....

but with Cushing it's, "hey..slow down...no biggie."

18. MadMax

Cushing tested positive...Bonds and McGwire never did. Baseball players today get suspended for massive amounts of time for testing positive.

19. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

4 NFL games are equivalent to 40 MLB games. This is a massive amount of time.

20. MadMax

yeah, i'm not suggesting Cushing isn't being punished a massive amount of time. look at the post i was responding to.