1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket Guy, May 7, 2010.

1. Remix

Remix Member

Just realized he will be out during the most imporant game of the year...the Cowboys :mad:

2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

That's a low blow.

I'm interested in knowing which PED(s) he's being busted for before calling Cush a 'roid head. Not to make excuses for him or anything, but there's a lot of GNC supplement crap that doesn't fly with the NFL PED policy.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

when you're suspended, doesn't that mean you failded two tests

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

LOL at all of you doing a 180 on him for this. No doubt it is bad, but you can't just assume he was taking a needle to the flesh. There are TONS of supplements available over-the-counter that could have triggered it ... and it seems like there is a fine line between supplements that are allowed and one's that are not.

My guess is, being the health/physical nut he is, just didn't pay close enough attention to what ingredients were in what he was getting -- or wasn't sure if something was banned. Still dumb on his part since he has trainers and resources to go to.

But any of you calling out him and/or the Texans for drafting a "roid-head" or whatever you want to call it are just comical based on the love he got all season from fans.

5. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Way to go, Cush. You ruined your career before it hardly began. No matter what happens the rest of your NFL career people will think you're cheating.

A little ironic that Cushing wears #56 in honor of Lawrence Taylor. One day after LT gets arrested for having under age sex, Cushing gets busted for violating the steroid policy. I hope he doesn't go down the same path LT has gone down.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol.

alot of guys have been suspended from this

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who the heck is surprised by this???

When the Texans drafted him everyone in the draft thread was talking about how he was on roids.

This is not a surprise.

8. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Lets all relax! Yes he cheated, but the season and his career are not over. Compare him last year to his last year at USC. He is quite a bit smaller. Maybe now it was more recreational then full on roid-head! He'll keep being a workout warrior and a clean Cushing will still be a damn good player. For the people who say that he will always be looked at as a cheater, I say again, relax. I watch a whole lot of football and follow it everyday, and I don't associate Merriman with cheating. People forget very quickly. He cheated as a rookie. He has many years to make up for his stupidity.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He got a lot of love from the fans because we assumed he was playing this well clean, but now after this you have to wonder how he's going to play after the roids. Will he be Brain Bosworth, or can he at least be a legit NFL player.

This may be a crushing blow to this franchise. Wouldn't be surprised if McNair trades Cushing next offseason for a 4th round draft pick because he doesn't like low character guys.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW Slow Down and step away from the ledge... :eek:

The dude got caught with PEDs, he didn't rape a girl(allegedly) or paralyze a guy at a strip club. Its football not baseball, tons of people do it but Cush was just dumb enough to get busted. Cushing was ROY, the Boz was a zero in the NFL so he already has had a better career. He will apologize and be sorry then move on and be a good to great LB.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Do people care about roids in baseball? It seems to me like football fans care while baseball fans don't give a ****. It's one of the many reasons I hate baseball

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He wont be great....I can PROMISE you that. More injuries will come due to extended steroid use.

13. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHA is this really a surprise? EVERYONE knew he was on roids at USC....

Enjoy the 4 game suspension

14. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

We'll have to see. We know he roided it up in college, who's to say it's just a supplement now?

I do agree though that almost anything aside from water seems to trigger a positive steroid test nowadays, but there's still doubt until proven otherwise.

15. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Were you there jamming the needle into him? He has not been doing steroids that long. Look at him his freshman year in college. He was small. So lets add last year, and that would make 3 years. Thats not what I would call a extended amount of steroid use. Remember, he was clean at the combine!

16. theimpossibles1

Let's remember it's only one player. Hopefully someone will step up and we will get off to a good start.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Happens every year, Cushing is not the first and I doubt his career just goes downhill because of this.

Step away from the edge.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well look on the bright side. No one can say we're a bunch of chior boys. Well good luck coaches. It's time to show that you guys are legit.

If we go 3-1 is a great success.

If we go 1-3 it will be a failure.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Does not compute

20. conquistador#11

Well, We still have our potent offense.