1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] NBA Draft Lottery - 5 Teams (For Rockets) To Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 30, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Aside for Davis, Jeremy Lamb, K Marshall. and T. Jones are most likely going to translate well in the NBA...unless there is some Amazing Euro talent that morey is scouting yet again...if the Rockets have a chance at getting one of these players it would be amazing...The Rockets should call the Hornets about switching with the 10th pick...Getting in the top ten could be a difference maker in obtaining one of these guys...

just in our division...

Dallas..if they get Deron...will get really better...without him..still have Dirk
    San Antonio...still playing championship ball...not going anywhere
    New Orleans...Seriously keeps getting gifts for being such a $hit-hole...
    Memphis...looks to be just as strong...
    Houston...currently looks to be the bottom five in our own division...this is sad and pathetic...If Houston does not land a Big fish like Dwight even for a rental...I really think this team is going to go into tank mode...

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I keep reading about drafting more undersized PFs...but that's overblown. PP isn't undersized. I'm more worried about drafting a SF. That's the position that's going to be there to draft. Parsons is a keeper and Bud's too cheap to get rid of. then there's Morris...someone needs to get moved to develop another SF.

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Guys don't worry yet. I do believe we will get a big star this year. I can't really explain, because its a gut feeling.

But i will bet that Dwight Howard will be a Rocket for the upcoming year (maybe future). It's an all in move that can go either way depending on how we do. Morey is in a tough spot to make a move which is why he will overbid for Howard. I don't blame him, because its time this team makes a decision on the future of the team.

Theoretically speaking, Now with Howard a Rocket. You would want Deron Williams. But what if we re-signed Dragic and added a veteran like Ray Allen to shore up the SG spot. With this being said. We prob couldn't keep Lee. That's ok though. And... I am assuming you all know Morey traded K-Low, Martin, Scola, 1st Round Picks.... Then re-sign Camby. Maybe get a KG?

Line-up

PG - Dragic, veteran or Fortson
    SG - Allen, Budinger
    SF - Parson's, Budinger, Morris
    PF - P-Patt, Morris (KG?)
    C - Dwight Howard, Camby

Bottomline is i do believe is all in this year. It has to be and i approve.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the Magic mgmt is smart..they will be looking to deal Howard soon...

Howard...to the Nets is now really unlikely...the Nets lost their pick to Portland...lol... and the Nets will not be able to keep Deron

So how about Howard to the Lakers for Bynum??? The Magic brass are looking to get talent in return for Howard, and Bynum is not a bad option...but Bynum alone will not be enough and the Lakers lack any tradable assets...

How about here in Houston? Possible...rental situation...Dwight for Scola , Lowry and Patterson plus picks could make that happen...But how do you keep him here?? Must Pry Deron from Dallas' mgmt...The resign Lee, and Camby(Goran leaves via FA)...

Dalembert and KMart would need to be moved as well.., but where??

Lots of hard and difficult decisions for the Rockets. But they actually have real flexibility to make something happen.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He won't resign with that roster.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The only way he resigns is if cheapo Le$ decides to go over the cap and sign some good players.