1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] NBA Draft Lottery - 5 Teams (For Rockets) To Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 30, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your not the only one. Was it not odd that the team was sold a mere few weeks before the lottery? When the team was sold at this perfect timing, I knew all along that New Orleans just got the #1 pick. How else was Stern going to sell that team other than to guarantee Anthony Davis.

Ok, enough with the conspiracy theories. Im over it. At least the city of New Orleans deserves something to be happy for.... Nevermind.... F-them they already have the Saints.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yup he will be in our division..... great....

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no, you can still rig it... it must be on camera and public for inspection. None of this behind closed doors secrecy stuff.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Having a tough team in your division really isn't that big of a deal in the NBA. You only play the team in 4 out of your 82 games and you can still get the number 2 seed even if you don't win the division.

5. dobro1229

That being said the #10 pick should be relatively easy to move down to get. I wouldn't be shocked for them to really try and get Lowry by offering something like-

Okafor +#10 & future 1st rounder (top 5 protected)

for

Lowry + Dalembert

If the Raptors #8 is on the table obviously you go with that first, but getting a future first rounder could be pretty sweet if you can use that to get the deal done for Lowry.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wow, that suggested deal sucks for the Rockets dobro--I'm sorry, but Lowry just has way more value than that. Just taking on Okafor's salary by itself should be enough to get #10.

7. dobro1229

Yeah, it does, but there just isn't that many great options out there in reality that I can see, and the future 1st would be the real gem seeing as though it could take the Hornets another 2 seasons to really become playoff worthy. Its just exploratory ideas. Not saying I do it, just saying there are options out there to move down a couple notches and maybe get Okafur to help shore up the paint for the next couple years.

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

they DIDNT !!

9. anchel

anchel Member

... So great night for the Rockets, after all.
    Stay positive.

10. dobro1229

The Rockets are going to either do two things when it comes to Lowry-

Take a well below market value trade on draft day to ensure that they can focus their efforts soley on Dragic moving forward

or

They wait it out for the best possible deal to come after July 11th, and risk losing Dragic in free agency as Goran might have an option of making near max dollars throwing lobs to Aldridge in Portland, or maybe even Anthony Davis now in New Orleans. New Orleans needs a future PG, already tried to trade for Dragic in the past, and has the cap space to resign Gordon and Dragic.

If they want to get a deal done with Lowry before July 11th, they are going to have to take less than estimated value or just straight up get creative.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You do know that there's one representative per team in the lottery room right? You really think the billionaire owned nba teams would just let the NBA rig one of the more important events in the league?

@HowardBeckNYT: Naturally, conspiracy theories flying after lottery. But if you've ever been in ping-pong ball room (I have), you know it can't be fixed.

@Jonathan_Feigen: I wrote in Dec. that it'll look horrible when NO wins lottery. It does. But anyone that's been in room (I was in 2002) knows can't be fixed.

There are 2 things that David Stern did wrong, owning the Hornets which was obviously a conflict of interest and blocking the NOH-LAL-HOU CP3 trade to make it even worse.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

blocked trade saved us from gasols 19 mill salary. Thak you stern

13. dobro1229

Best case scenario is the Rockets offering the farm for the #3 pick from Wizards.

Wizards get solid surrounding team around John Wall to finally get him in the playoff hunt and try to keep him long term.

Something like

Rashard Lewis + #3 pick

for

Scola, Martin, Budinger + 14 +16

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm predicting we trade #14 Lowry + Bud to Portland for #6 + fillers if needed.

We draft best availible which I believe will be either Perry Jones or Harrison Barnes and I'd be thrilled with either one of them.

15. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Lowry + 16 for 6-9th pick

new pick + 14 + martin + dalembert for dwight
    renounce lee and dragic to sign d.will

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gush... Take Robinson in a heart beat. Heck, throw in Kyle and PPat too

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Half of the team will be gone for Dwight ;P

18. cod

cod Member

If the Rockets don't make a move they'll have three 1st round pick rookies next season. Do they trade up or trade out?

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Which would be worse - - no Dwight in TheToyShop or DWill in Mavsville?

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes. ;)