1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Basically, what the Mavs offer says is this: "We think that Houston isn't using all of Parsons' skills, we think he can do more and are willing to bet $15M/yr on him while foregoing our opportunity to chase other major free agents like Stephenson, Deng, etc."

We'll see if the Mavs are correct about how Houston used Parsons. If he indeed does more for the Mavs than he did for Houston, perhaps it's time to think about how the Rockets offensive strategy and the roster have been constructed.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Did Dirk offer the keys to Dallas as part of the deal to Parsons??

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Exact words Houston said to Trevor Ariza in 2010. I had to chuckle

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why we need a distributing PG and not Harden and Beverley doing the job.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Except the Rockets signed Ariza to the MLE, not a max contract.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That too. This year is known as the White Mamba year. All white guys are given the keys to Franchises.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He'll be exposed if they try to make him a star. He's a great glue guy but he shouldn't have the ball in his hands other than catch and shoot/catch and drive. I'm honestly kind of excited to see Ariza and Parsons match up.

8. Postcall

Postcall Member

Well they are also the same words that Morey said to Harden and I know Harden said on several occasions that it meant a lot to him. I am sure Parsons felt the same way.

9. verysimplejason

It isn't blasphemy. I'm just stating the truth. The mere fact that they gave the eventual champions game 7 is enough. Did you see how much those scrubs did under Carlisle? Did you see how much McHale did with Rockets' 2 superstars? Cmon man, open up your eyes. McHale isn't a championship coach. How many more seasons need to be wasted?

10. Great Red Flash

LOL the sodium levels in this thread are through the roof. Best of luck to Parsons .

11. verysimplejason

Which is still what a "real" max player should have? Often than not, offense is overrated when compared to defense. It's defense that wins championships or did everything changed already?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well you can say that to any guy who is somewhat decent.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Not discounting what Carlisle and the Mavs did at all but the Spurs for some reason seemed really apathetic in the beginning of that series. It's when they got pushed to a game 7 that their eyes were opened and they finally turned on that switch. The Spurs team vs the Mavs and the one vs the Heat were two very different teams.

14. NotChandlerParsons

Cuban also called Rodrigue Beaubois untouchable and said he'd never trade him.

He's currently playing for Le Mans Sarthe, a second tier team in France.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Parsons never displayed lock down defense potential.
    He was solid in his first year and he got hold of what remained of Battier's notes.
    And got worse each year.

Lol.... 'real max player'? funny why not. I do not mind. Parsons is not my problem or my savior.

16. Postcall

Postcall Member

Exactly but I think Parsons like Harden at that time believes himself to be a star. I think many nba players do. I am just saying it has an effect but it's a moot point because this came down to money. Parsons also has to say that to justify his paycheck.

17. verysimplejason

Game 1: SAS 90 DAL 85
    Game 2: DAL 113 SAS 92
    Game 3: DAL 109 SAS 108
    Game 4: SAS 93 DAL 89
    Game 5: SAS 109 DAL 103
    Game 6: DAL 113 SAS 111
    Game 7: SAS 119 DAL 96

SAS "woke up" but still got beaten in Game 6. Those wake-up games weren't exactly what you can call wake-up games. Dallas matches-up better than Heat with Spurs. Heat's bigs weren't big enough for Spurs' bigs.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure but I think Dallas Fans will also hold him accountable for the money.
    One bad season. Wow. I would not want to be in his shoes.

19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

We were all gloating and patting ourselves on the back about how his contract was 'the best value in the nba' and so on... Well he just got his (deserved) pay day. Can't begrudge him that.

20. i3artow i3aller

Do people honestly expect Chandler to blow up in Dallas?
    He essentially maxed out his talent in Houston w/ our run and gun offense.
    Have fun clearing the way for Monta because that's mostly what you'll be doing for the Mavs.
    People really shouldn't be devastated over his loss either. Ariza's production and front loaded contract will do just nicely.
    I realize Chandler i3ang is our greatest draft pick under the Morey Era, and that the way in which we lost him was especially frustrating.
    With that being said; better times are ahead. People can hate on Morey and the FO all they want, but at the end of the day the juice was worth the squeeze and it almost paid off. Landing those top FAs is only half the battle. Morey continually puts us within striking distance, and that's really all we can ask for. If and when the right moment arrives, it's comforting to know that Morey is and will continue to be ever ready.