1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Carrie Fisher in critical condition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you still smoking cheech?

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know who was also bi-polar (unproven but pretty certain as it ran in his family) is Heath Ledger. He was always on a low or a high. In fact, it was well known that his creative mind raced at night and he couldn't sleep. I doubt he slept much at all during his Joker stint in the Batman film. If he did, then it was drug induced. He was also known for experiencing extreme lows. But, Heath was never diagnosed. Michelle knew he was off; it's why she couldn't live with him and left him taking their daughter. He just happened to mix the wrong pills the night he died, including OxyCodone (aka OyxContin), Xanax, and other pills. My Mom is bi-polar. It manifests in different ways in different people...but a common thread is those manic highs where the mind is constantly thinking (basically, creativity out of crazy is what I've seen) and the person is not sleeping at all because of it. In fact, I would say a lot of Heath's genius was born out of his disease. If you don't have those chemicals balanced through meds, then you are pretty much always off if you are bi-polar. I couldn't imagine trying to deal with that by taking heroin, cocaine, alcohol, and ecstasy. Good grief.

#122 Surfguy, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hate getting off topic since this is a sad situation but her daughter is a PAWG.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. Surfguy

The best way to honor Carrie Fisher is to cast her daughter in Star Wars. It would be easy to work a new character in. Of course, it would have to be in a future film not yet shot...which may exclude the next two. Get those cinnamon buns on her.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

She already came out in Force Awakens and reprised her role for The Last Jedi. Pretty sure she'll have a larger role in Episode 9
    [​IMG]

6. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

*sipping vodka*

What an idiot.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I can think of millions of better ways to honor carrie fisher than giving her daughter a job.

9. Surfguy

I was thinking more in the entertainment area as far as keeping her legacy alive in the SW realm...in her honor. But, it appears they already did cast her daughter and I didn't even know it because the character is not prominent. I was thinking a bit more than that. It's probably not something they would do. They can always just use the CGI version of her in later films to keep her alive but I think they said they are not going to do that. Whatever.

Maybe honor the person by opening a drug addiction center in her name? Or, if you want to go for the dark side, a place to come to pretend you are a recovering drug addict but do drugs.