1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we/should we boycott Nba/warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mockster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

As soon as I heard that Boogie was going to the Worriers, I thought the same thing: "F*** this. Not fair. I'm done with this."

But if LeBron had joined Chris Paul, Clint Capela, and James Harden (as we all expected to happen), we would've all been rejoicing while the rest of the league threw the side-eye at us.

Superteams totally suck but the tide will turn.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont get this logic at all. Side eyed at what? for countering to be able to match up better with GS? i didn't know you get criticized for that.

whats adding cousins to the reigning champions doing? oh just moving father away from the rest of the league than they already were.

Invisible Fan and eric.81 like this.
  3. esketit

esketit Member

2 superteams is better than one. at least there isnt a 100 percent certainty who is going to win. I was hoping lebron and kawaii would make their way to philly or boston if not here. **** gsw

da_juice, eric.81 and malakas like this.
  4. eric.81

Sorry, I don't think I was clear in my original post.

I hate GSW and this Boogie signing as much as everyone and am ready to give up on the league. I guess I'm just noting that if LeBron had come here, we'd have a superteam... one that would kick the **** out of a Worriers team w/ Boogie (in my opinion). Knowing how Houston is treated in the NBA media landscape, they would've lambasted Bron for taking the easy way out and blasted us for further making the league imbalanced and top heavy... basically everything we're saying about GSW.

Would that have been fair criticism? No way... not nearly an apples-to-apples comparison. But I think it would've happened anyway and we'd be the NBA "heel."

Again, I hate the superteam era and I can't wait for the tide to turn. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

no issues here. just pointing out houston trying to give themselves an actual chance shouldn't be side eyed. They've been working for years trying to catch up. but yet again, yesterday added even more steps to an already deep task

eric.81 likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

How dumb is it to not see two superteams is better than one superteam that got stronger for three straight years?

It's not hypocritical if you want your team to be part of the competition, which is one sided right now for everyone.

malakas likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Isn’t this how all these dynasties end? They get ring chasing veterans and everyone seems to think that the chip is inevitable then they totally implode. Shaqs Lakers vs Pistons.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

It would apply if none of these guys were in their absolute prime. not even 1

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

There is no way in hell he didn't have bigger offers. You hit the nail on the head. Dude is a bitc%

malakas likes this.
  10. eric.81

Well said...

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We can only hope.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

If we got Lebron they still would have been favorites. This is all on the players.

eric.81 likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Member

My parents thought wrestling was stupid when I was growing up, but I loved it. Along with baseball, which couldn't be anymore different. Nothing they could say would stop me from watching it or buying Bret Hart shirts... and they give in ultimately.

NBA appeals to a very urban crowd who don't buy into the traditional role model. It's the whole super hero thing - a guy was born 6'11 with fast twitch muscle fibers and a jumper, suddenly he's superman with a valid opinion on everything. Kanye is not a smart guy outside of making music, but that demographic pretends his views on the world is equivalent to Einstein to get through the day.

It is America. We worship bigger, faster, stronger, richer regardless of character or intelligence. Unfortunately it's the culture.

malakas likes this.
  14. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

vegas aint giving you **** if you bet on the warriors to win anything. thats how boring the nba has become. they even take the fun out of gambling.

malakas likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I could never give up on the Rockets and the league. I'm addicted. It's hopeless. That sucking sound you hear will be league sucking up my dollars for another season of League Pass. I'm mad, I'm furious, and I think we were deliberately given the officials we ended up with during the playoffs when it mattered most, which is corruption of the highest order, but I can't give up on the Rockets. That means I can't give up on the league. They should be paying us for some of the crap that's been thrown at the Rockets and their fans by the NBA. Crap thrown at us. We just have to beat them anyway, and I think we can. See? It's hopeless. I just can't help myself.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not sure where this outrage was hiding from some people when the Durant move happened. An MVP running tail-tucked to the safety of a super-arrogant 72 win team is unprecedented in sports.

The Boogie thing hardly matters. That's just funny. Put another way, Durant took that team from a 9 to an 11. Boogie moving it from an 11 to an 12 (or will it be 11 to 10?) hardly matters when the point of a salary cap in sports is supposed to be to keep every team in a 6-9 range.

Sports is entertainment at the end of the day. Might as well laugh at what we can't change.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Boogie is about 40 pounds overweight right now. Has anyone seen him lately? He may be ever bigger, this is when they locked in a playoff seed. He was already a borderline out of shape guy when he was 100% healthy. We're looking at 8+ months before he can even get back in the gym. He is an absolute beast of a Center and could dominate individual games, but to me the Pelicans looked even better without him. They looked like a well balanced playoff team with good ball movement. He is not going to end the Warriors, but I don't think he will have an impact beyond what David West in his best year with the Warriors had. He is simply there to contribute minimally and hopefully get a ring and just play for money the rest of his career. He has never had a contract under the new CBA, and he lost $195mm+ guaranteed by getting injured. I doubt he took a major cut below what other teams were offering him. He's also got to learn how to fit into the offense if he's going to be a major contributor, also very unlikely given his timeline. His first half season with the Pelicans after being traded, the team didn't look good. This is a major over reaction.

#158 BallSoHarden, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what did he have for breakfast