1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we/should we boycott Nba/warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mockster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what are the mvp's curry and kd? just equal to 1? this post is also stupid. you and @FearTheBeardJH should get your own room and have the best dialogue ever

lurkers come out the woodworks trying to call others out. do everyone a favor and go back to hiding

ghettocheeze, bballjunkie and malakas like this.
  2. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

You have no better critique; can come up with no better a way to express yourself than to say a post is "stupid"?

Wow.

Answer me this: If the Rockets had landed LeBron and Boogie became available at the price he did, would you pass on him?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah your logic is stupid. utterly stupid at that. all i see is if this and that.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think that's fighting fire with.... I dunno.... a slight breeze?

5. malakas

malakas Member

That's right. I am not going to buy league pass or buy any merchandise of the league.

As for it's just a forum with no employees better save it. You think I'm a 3 year old child who just started going to bball forums? I have seen myself how they come to forums,monitor and post.
    Boogie can say whatever he wants it's just proves he's a LIAR that cant own up to his own weak decision. Multiple reports have made it clear how multiple teams had made him an offer. Much richer than the 5.3 million.

Who pays for NBA players? We do with our own money.
    I don't like these weak decisions and that's why I am not going to pay for them.

If you keep insisting coming again and again in this thread telling people how to spend their money that can only mean that you have a monetary interest in this aka nba team employee.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It has never really happened to this extent (with 2 MVPs and 5 all-stars) in sports history. These guys are continually reaching new lows of sportsmanship and shamelessness, but NBA fans just applaud them for it. To me the worst part isn't that they win, it's how they dance around in people's faces, aren't officiated the same as 29 other teams, and Steve Kerr still talks condescendingly about other franchises.

I know Clutchfans is bitter about it but we're actual team fans. I think the hordes of morons on social media will eat this up.

Invisible Fan and mockster like this.
  7. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

So, if we'd landed LeBron and Boogie became available as he did and desired to come to Houston, you would have passed?

8. malakas

malakas Member

Do you know basic math? 4<5.
    Secondly if other teams fans didn't like it and decided to boycott I would for sure not go to their threads and demand to change their opinion on how to spend their money.

Again. WHY ARE YOU HERE? Why do you care if other people boycott the league?
    If you like it enjoy it by yourself and pay it by yourself.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is the narrative that the NBA wants.

"LeBron James and his band of misfits are giving everything they have against this stacked Warriors team. He is truly showing that he is an all time great!"

They basically repurposed last year's narrative for next season.

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  10. Mattician

Mattician Member

Was I supposed to enjoy watching the Warriors win three out of the past four championships? Why would I want to watch them win more?

11. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I am here because I am fan of the Rockets, and have held season tickets supporting this team, and am genuinely interested in all things Rockets. I am responding to your post because its interesting.

You are rude asking if I know basic math and your tone is not appreciated. Why do you need to be that way? Why come off so mean-spiritedly? Its no wonder this country's politics and discourse are so toxic and poisoned at present.

Buried in your insults is the basic point I have been trying to make, and that is, we cannot be upset with the development of a super team, certainly not to the point of boycott, when we would do the same thing if given the chance. If we had four super stars, and Boogie became available at that price, you know for certain you would advocate that we take him. So the boycott is all emotion, with no sound intellectual honesty.

But I am done enduring your rudeness. Do you expect to come to a forum and not have your opinions ocasionally met with disagreement?

Cuongzilla likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Sure we would do the same thing given the chance. So what? Then every other's fanbase fan should boycott as well because the product would equally be horrible for them.
    We are Rockets fans here not GSW fans. We aren't even general NBA fans.

Oh I'm sorry if you find it insulting that you who SO suddendly came out of lurking after years just to post for people to spend the money on the nba is suspected of being an NBA employee. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Invisible Fan and YOLO like this.
  13. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

You may be right. On the other hand, Cousins' career earnings to date are north of $80 million, so playing for $5.3 million for one year and probably collecting a ring is actually believable to me.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This is not the answer. The Warriors were already the most unfairly stacked team in NBA history, before a star player signed well below his market value to sell out for a ring. When healthy, they arguably have 5 of the top 10 players on one team. And the supporting cast behind that isnt' bad.

Silver needs to do something, and the Rockets need to pray players care about beating the Warriors so somebody takes a pay cut to come here, because realistically who else could stand a shot?. It would really suck if last year turns out to be our best chance at a title with this core...

bballjunkie likes this.
  15. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

You are admitting that your actions are hypocritical, that is, that you would support a super team in Houston, even though you would boycott the league were other super teams formed elsewhere. Forgive me. I thought there was some principle to your argument. I see there is none. Just blind love of one team. Nor is there logic to the points you make. Importantly, if you think every other fan base should boycott the league with the Warriors acquisition of Boogie Cousins, and that other teams should boycott the Rockets were Houston to acquire a similar team, then your "solution" ultimately leaves no league or teams to support.

I prefer to work on a salary cap that will require all teams to comply. That's a rule that everyone could live by.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Hypocritical? Do you think I am saying that the Warriors are the devil and the root of every evil? Nope. I'm saying , the league, KD and Cousins and especially the NBPA whose president is CP3, are to blame . What's hypocritical about it?

If the name of the team changed and instead of GSW it was Rockets then of course every other fanbase should boycott that travesty.

Everyone complies with the salary cap already.
    Honestly you dont' make any sense.

17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I am just as puzzled by your comments as you appear to be by mine.

Three points:

First, your comments are hypocritical. You don't like super teams. You think they are bad for the league. But would support one in Houston because you like Houston. Do you get it? Do you understand? That may make you a Rockets fan. But these are the comments/feelings of a hypocrite as well. You are like the person who criticizes someone for doing something you do!

Second, Boogie was available to the Rockets and everyone else. GSW signed him because he wanted to be there. We could have reached out to him. Acquiring him was not beyond our reach. There is no one "to blame" except us.

Third, I am talking about a salary cap that teams would not be permitted to circumvent by paying a luxury tax. That would produce enormous parity throughout the league. It would also mean we would have to shed some of our guys, but the league would be incredibly competitive.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I am a Rockets Bucks fan. I am not mother Teresa.
    Of course my number 1 dream is to watch my teams win a championship. Over the parity of the league. How does this make me hypocritical? I am not nba police I am a fan. If other teams fans didn't like a Rockets superteam comprised of 2 mvps and 5 all nbaers and decided to boycott the league would I go and pester them about it? Nope I would understand them completely. Because there would be no competitiveness.

Noone said that Boogie didn't have the right of his choice. He is a free agent. I also have the right as a customer to boycott the league over such weakass coward decisions that are disgusting.

If you want a hard cap that's another story. There are many threads about how to fix the league.
    This is a thread about boycotting the NBA product.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Rockets "R" us making an announcement:

[​IMG]

20. SemisolidSnake

The upcoming season is a foregone conclusion. No reason to watch.

Maybe they should just run the next 5-10 seasons as a computer simulation including injuries, trades, contracts, retirements, everything. Stop the simulation when the Warriors lose even with their perfected 8-on-5 offense. Start next year's corporeal season as the 2025 season or whatever.

malakas likes this.