1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we/should we boycott Nba/warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mockster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the best players in the NBA taking a 5.3 million dollar salary for a ring just seems suspicious to me in a league where money is thrown around like necklaces in New Orleans during Mardis Gras. Even aging Paul got a huge raise and generous 4 year contract, after missing the playoffs and not showing he can manage to stay healthy for even 2 months straight.

Let's just say what I suspect is a whole lot more than college recruiters give prospects under the counter, and claim not to until they get caught.
    My suspicions aren't based on fact, so I am not claiming them to be true. I am simply saying what my gut instincts are.

2. FearTheBeardJH

Hypocrisy on this forum is amazing. Nobody would be crying if Morey build an unbeatable team. Lopsided advantageous deals and signing are only fine when it benefits your team, but now it's unfair.

Cuongzilla, edwardc and Quinncy like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

this post is stupid.

did you not notice the number of people who didn't want lebron to come here. obviously not

ghettocheeze, malakas and edwardc like this.
  4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You are shocked nobody was running to give a max offer to a moody player who has played 0 playoff games coming off a ACL? What team should have offered him? Either nobody had cap space or like the Mavs picked DJ instead

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Nick. Ask for a trade to the Kings and then twat that. Err I mean tweet that.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I am shocked he is making less than our bench guys, and simply suspect a little foul play.

7. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

But weren't the majority on this Board clamoring for LeBron to join the Rox? So, let me get this straight: we are opposed to super teams on principles of parity, equity, and love of the purity of the game--unless we are talking about a super team here in Houston? Then, we are all for it?!

Cuongzilla likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

alot of people weren't

9. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Yup

10. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I think his post was targeting those who DID want LeBron to join. And for those folks, it is priceless truth.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Forget the Warriors they still have to play the games any team can get lucky and beat them so complaining about there stacked team not going to help. Always remember to be the best you gotta beat the best.

Cuongzilla likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO.
    You think a team with 3 stars is the same as a team with 5 stars?
    There is an ALL NBA PLAYER IN EACH POSITION.
    GTFO with this false equivalency.

darksoul35, ghettocheeze and YOLO like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its one thing when you're trying to counter an already historic team. its another when that historic team just gives the rest of the league no competitive chance. theres a huge difference

darksoul35 likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

As crazy as this is, it marks the beginning of the end of the Warriors kid.

15. BigTex

BigTex Member

16. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

LeBron is the best player on the planet, equal to two stars, in my view.

But you miss the point entirely. The point is . . . everyone complains about the superteam someone else is building, but has no problem with building one of their own. If we landed LeBron, and Boogie was all of a sudden available, (as happened here), would you folks who wanted LeBron suddenly decline Boogie because you want to preserve parity/purity. Absolutely not. And you would grab any and all other stars available. You would build the biggest, best team possible.

So....stop complaining when someone else does exactly what you would do were you in the same position!

Plus, you can't be mad with this one. Nobody wanted Boogie!!!

Cuongzilla likes this.
  17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Well Klay returning is not a foregone conclusion, either.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Why don't you go and read before make posts. Noone wanted Boogie? Says who? His Dan Fegan like agent? LMAO

Basically your post comes down to " but we also have superstars. you don't complain. So your problem is only the number of stars?"
    Damn right my problem is the number of superstars.

Oh and LOL at Lebron suddendly is equal to 2 stars but Curry and Durant are only equal to 1 star. Moving the goalposts much.

In the end WHY DO YOU CARE if people boycott?
    Are you being paid by an NBA team to come post in this forum?
    If not then piss off.
    Who are you to tell people if they don't want to spend their money on **** products like leagues with no parity.

ghettocheeze and YOLO like this.
  19. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I'm Quinncy. I thought that appeared pretty clearly to the left of my post.

And its not that I care what folks do with their money. But I do care about what they say. And to complain about a super team in California, when everyone knows they would build a super team here if given half a chance, is disingenuine. That's all I was saying? Am I being paid by the NBA? Really? This is just a fan forum, dude.

Boogie expressed surprise that not even his own team wanted to speak with him earlier. The fact that he ultimately signed for $5.3 million also supports that he was not getting much attention. Can't be mad that he got picked up. Good for him.

I think talk of a boycott is ridiculous. So, are you telling me that you pledge to not watch or attend games next year because GS picked up Boogie? That's your answer?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

and what are mvp curry and mvp durant? just equal to 1. this post is also stupid

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.