1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros sign Carlos Beltran

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Dec 3, 2016.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Houston is humid.

Water is wet.

You are the penultimate self-loathing/inferiority complex Houstonian of this board...

2. Buck Turgidson

If they had a bigass NASCAR mural in Terminal C that would change everything.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Kiss the ring and make it all better.

Maybe one day you'll see reality about certain aspects of the city... but you're getting old, so probably not.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Ultimate. Not penultimate.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well aware of the "reality" of it... but do I go about self-loathing, harboring inferiority complexes, or going about throwing a pity party about it?

Most Houstonians know exactly what their city is. Some even take pride in it. You seem to want it to be something that its not... a trait usually seen in people from Dallas.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but it usually upsets people who lack ambition. Get some goals.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's a stark difference between wanting more... and consistently being a whiny little b**** and complaining every time Dallas gets a few more press clippings.

Houstonians are embarrassed by you. Grow a pair.

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Houston teams make it easy to complain... and so does the lame airport.

Don't blame the messenger

9. HTM

HTM Member

who cares about how "cool" a cities airport is? Good grief

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Oh, c'mon. I can count on no hands how many times I've walked into an airport somewhere in the world and said "Damn, this city must be great!"

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

If you want to make the argument that Houston is not a destination city for folks to come live.... I get that.... I've lived here all my life.... it's pretty much a city for business and grinders and the cultural scene can't compare to NY or LA .... but nobody cares about the airport "coolness"

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

LaGuardia is the worst airport I've ever been to. Felt like the Macon Regional Airport.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Maybe after the renovation, it will be super-duper Macon.

[​IMG]

14. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

We need/DESERVE the Carlos Delgado of airports, but Hinch has us looking up to Macon.

15. J Hard

J Hard Member

By your standards, all white ppl are whores as well. Moron.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Puerto Rican whores > white whores

17. Buck Turgidson

Lighten up, Francis.

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For what it's worth, I think IAH is great and I've flown 125 segments and counting this year.

Also, I'm sure Beltran was thrilled to step off the plane in Houston (humidity and all) in December, relative to the bitter cold of NY.

19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

FWIW, I don't recall your ever responding positively to any of my posts.. and you're not the only one in this thread. That's cool and all, I'm just setting precedence. A different poster agreed with my lame-airport comment (and even added, "lame city"), yet no one challenged him. LOL at yall's biasedness.

IAH isn't a bad airport, it's functional and somewhat big runway-wise and overall space.. it's just VERY subpar in setup, looks, and vibe compared to others I've been. Salt Lake, ATL, and DFW are way better on most, if not, all fronts. Charlotte is way the hell better. I've never flown NE or Cali, but I already know the vibe would be 10x better. It's the same vibe you get just driving through one of those places.

Other poster's comments about "coolness" not mattering is just misguided psychological conditioning of accepting less. The local sports teams definitely play part in that. Cities know their airport are people's first/last impression of their city. They will try to impess. For connecting flights, the airport is the only impression. Who doesn't like ammenities? Not saying you need them, but who doesn't like the option. Some cities don't need it as much as others, but those same cities have a better vibe off top.

Here's more ammunition.... "What if Galveston had a good beach?"

Still a great port, but bad luck with the Mississippi and Gulf current.

What if there was instant replay with 20 cameras for the Renfro catch? Luv Ya champions

It's either SUCK or BAD LUCK up in here. Call it b****ing and moaning, but winning a championship(s) the one other 60 years of chances you had sure would help. We have dominant basketbal and football franchise in this same state and Houston owns neither. Complete bull****.

/rant

#179 Houstunna, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  20. raining threes

I've been to quite a few airports and actually like Bush.

Easy access/Clean

What do you want in an airport?