1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Astros sign Carlos Beltran

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Dec 3, 2016.

1. right1

right1 Member

eoe or aes? I love me some white apples.

#181 right1, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. right1

right1 Member

Seems very unlikely Beltran reaches 3,000 hits unless he plays 3 more seasons. He needs 383. I just realized Ichiro is signed through 2017 with a team option for '18. With a .291/.353 he was quite productive last year on his 2 yr/$4M contract.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Same you mention along with looks, vibe, and amenities.

4. raining threes

Emenities?

Vibe? What do you want dancers (Which Houston is known for) At each terminal?

What look do you want?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

When I arrive in a city, there is only one thing I want to do in an airport and that is to get out of the airport, so as long as I can get to the luggage carousel and to ground transportation in an easy and timely manner, I am happy.

Yaosthirdleg and mikol13 like this.
  6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

IAH has too many low ceilings, not enough windows. I don't recall seeing those moving walkways that are like an escalator, except it's flat. The signage looks low budget. There's zero vibe. The food options are decent from what I remember.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

If your flight is delayed or for whatever reason, you're forced to spend extra time there, you'll want accommodations. Let's not act like upgrades/renovations are pointless and no one cares. MMP is currently doing some.

8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Why the **** are yall talking about airports?

Yaosthirdleg and SWTsig like this.
  9. bobrek

I simply don't base my judgement of a city on their airport. If the city sucks and the airport is great, the city still sucks. If the airport sucks and the city is great, the city is still great. I will not visit what I consider to be a sucky city simply because they have a great airport. If I am flying through/to/from a city that has options at airports, I will choose to go through the airport that is easiest to deal with. I will not plan my trip based on the possibility my flight will be delayed.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

United has a terminal all to itself in Phoenix. It's garbage.

The city of Phoenix, however, is not.

How did this turn into an airport thread, again?

#190 tellitlikeitis, Dec 8, 2016
  11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Who does?
    Who does?

LMAO, both of those responses are silly. You do realize sometimes you don't have a choice about delayed flights? You know it would be better to have amenities, but you won't admit it since you're arguing. Your idea of walking the wildside is doing 37mph in a 35 speed-zone.

#191 Houstunna, Dec 8, 2016
  12. bobrek

I read this somewhere in this thread:

"IAH makes a boring first impression for the city. That place needs major upgrades."

So apparently at least one person bases part of their impression of a city on the airport.

And, of course it would be better to have amenities. Never said it wouldn't. I simply don't plan my trips or base the "lameness" of a city on their airport like some other posters in this thread.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

An airport makes an impression, but I'm not basing the entire city on it. Try again, sir.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

San Carlos Airport.. duh...

[​IMG]

15. bobrek

So, then why do you care if IAH makes a boring first impression on Houston since you don't base the city on IAH? Why wouldn't your comment be something more like "IAH is a boring/mundane/blah airport and it needs some more amenities"? Why bring the city of Houston being seen as boring due to IAH even into the discussion?

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Really? You're putting words in my mouth. I said the airport was boring... the city, unfortunately, reinforces the first impression. Houston is still a great city overall, but the airport isn't. It was a different poster, A POSTER THAT HAS YET TO BE CHALLENGED BY ANYONE (although several have challenged my thoughts), called the airport AND city, lame. Go back to the same page you're pulling my old comments, read all the comments, then challenge the other poster. I double dare you. LMAO

17. bobrek

YOU said "IAH makes a boring first impression for the city".

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/astros-sign-carlos-beltran.278918/page-8#post-10803716

DudeWah likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yawn... hopefully Beltran can OPS 800 and play 125 games.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

solid thread.

20. raining threes

These are things that dont matter to me. The ease of getting around, the baggage handling, the cleanliness, and yes the food are what are important to me. IAH is very good at these things.

We atre looking for different things in an airport