1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik and Howard to start next game (Updated w/ Blog Post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 20, 2013.

1. moose

moose Member

I don't see Asik staying on this team. What is so difficult about commenting on a question regarding starting with Dwight?

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets to go big against Mavs, start Omer Asik with Dwight Howard: http://t.co/xZrG1zPTf8 - Feigen / article

1 person likes this.
  3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Matchup zone..

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Howard and Asik will switch back and forth from the 5 and the 4 spot, while being on the floor at same time.

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

Eureka!!!!!!
    I found it. Whomever guards him should force him to play defence. Dirk will flop a few times but Blondie can't guard Dwight or asik.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As others have mentioned, I see one of guarding Shawn Marion with the other guarding Dalembert and Parsons guarding Dirk at least for a stretch.

"Hiding" a big on a not-so-sweet-shooting wing and telling your guy to give his opponent room is something coaches have tried with varying degree of success.

7. Deniz

Deniz Member

I think he is unhappy :confused:

8. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly, Asik reaction so far has shown that he is not happy and looks like he will end some where else but I don't see a trade happening till the the 15th of December.

9. JBar

JBar Rookie

Maybe he is unhappy. But he hardly ever answered questions last year, either. So its really hard to know.

10. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Remember, he can't speak english well, so...

11. rocketsmetalspd

He still was able enough to make a comment though. I just hope for the the better and Asik can see that him playing with Dwight will work but it is all on his mind set going into the games.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You might be able to squeeze two or three interviews out of him the whole year, and I somehow can't see this as being one of those times. If you already hate talking to the press, why would you do it when there is some sort of controversy they are racing after?

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

GREAT!!! Experimentation time! This means not as much posting up for Dwight and more PnR? Exciting!!

This duo will be devastating on D and rebounding. 3-2 zone would be nice and it'd be interesting to test their defense against an older Dirk.

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

[​IMG]
    "ALL YOUR REBOUNDS ARE BELONG TO US."

;)

3 people like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It might be difficult for Asik to play the hypocrite---especially as the odd man out should there be a trade.

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Omer smiling and Dwight, stoic? It's opposite emotion day for these two.

17. just a word

just a word Member

Dunno about Dirk in particular but apparently at least last season Asik was able to guard all the way out to the three pt line:
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/15/4830936/omer-asik-defense-video-breakdown-houston-rockets

Also, Asik was a decent shot-blocker in Chicago, I think he just cut those down last season because Houston needed him on the floor so much that they couldn't risk him fouling out.

18. JBar

JBar Rookie

Also, is there any truth to the suggestions that Omer has lost a little weight, and therefore might be more mobile (but less of a beast in the paint)?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's fine. Lets go ahead and get it over with so that they can go on with their actual line-up. This should be a one game gimmick.

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It will be more than a one game gimmick. They really want it to work. They may go back and retool after seeing what happens in this game, but they will try it again after that.