1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] LeBron James' free agency: Kawhi Leonard, Chris Paul or Paul George could sway decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Maverick Floor

For those who care to know... early last year, Jeanie Buss, Kevin Tsujihara, Tom Rutledge, Justin Lin and Maverick Carter all sat at a table multiple times to discuss business. The key is to know who these people are and what was discussed, then y'all would know exactly where LeBron and PG are headed together this summer. And it is not Houston.

LeBron is not signing a 1+1. He is signing a four year deal.

Are y'all familiar with LeBron's entertainment company, Springhill Entertainment? If not, check out his website and tell me what you think:

http://shentertainment.com/about.html

Invisible Fan and Marteen like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’m sure some will try lol.

Amick is plugged in with the rockets. This report is sourced directly to them I’m sure of it.

HoustonCRT likes this.
  3. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Too bad. I would have selfishly preferred: “Lebron postpones family vacation to attend TNT awards”.

4. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

That easy huh? Why haven't we done this before? Maybe the Wolves don't want our trash+Gordon for an all-star but maybe I'm wrong.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I’ll have to see it to believe it still. Him in a Lakers uniform that is

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am still reading things as nothing has changed. The fact that they are even talking about us IN THE MEDIA with regards to LBJ at this point says that publicly we are being heavily downplayed and privately the only possibility that ever existed was our ability to do a deal. It sounds to me as if LA's chances are withering because LBJ does not believe he can put together the assets he wanted there. LA has become an if because he cannot win there, maybe ever. I still see that as option one but I think we can do a deal. I still don't believe he is willing to waste another season without a chance to win. He becomes irrelevant. I find it impossible to believe the guy that was discussing matchups as a Rocket against the Warriors before the season NEVER had any intention of coming here. At this point, if you believe the media that is literally what this says. The LA option was supposed to be the BETTER option because he could go with two stars and get a third. All of this positive stay in Cleveland stuff has been piled on last second from the media?

7. justtxyank

I don’t get why this is so hard for people to imagine.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. sammy

Maybe he is that full of of himself that he could come West and contend against Houston and GS and then a stacked Boston team

But Lebron is a smart basketball guy. If he picks LA, it’ll be a Melo type decision. Money and lifestyle over winning. That’s something we haven’t seen him do but he does have three championships already

9. sammy

Bc LAL isn’t scaring anyone that’s why

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Believe what you want, but it’s not mental gymnastics. Here are a few facts we know about LeBron:

1) We know he’s incredibly tightlipped about any major decision he makes.
    2) He’s going to reveal his choice in a manner that furthers his brand.

Do you actually believe that LeBron has revealed his plans to all these different media outlets/reporters as of June 23? I don’t. The only other option is that Maverick Carter, his wife, Rich Paul or someone else in his camp has spilled the beans to all these reporters. While possible, considering D-Wade didn’t even know LeBron was going back to Cleveland until he wrote his article in SI, I’d consider that highly doubtful as well. LeBron isn’t going to let them leak that info and ruin his moment.

All these reporters are doing is giving their opinion, nothing less, nothing more. Sadly, in this day and age of sharing news on social media and other digital mediums, media entities have mastered the art of packaging and selling their reporters’ opinions as fact, and people believe them because they come from credible outlets. No longer do you actually have to name your source(s). You can get away with keeping them anonymous, and the masses won’t question the validity of the report.

MONON, Corrosion and CALI_MOST_WANTD like this.
  11. justtxyank

Sam amick wrote this article based on conversations with the rockets. He said they are resigned to the fact that lebron isn’t coming. This is the first article written where someone who actually speaks to the rockets gave us any info and it’s negative.

I think lebron could sign with the lakers and people here would still say that’s a ploy to get to Houston lol

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Maybe I'm reading it differently, but the report seems to suggest him staying in Cleveland is the likeliest option.

aroundtheblock2 and Deuce like this.
  13. justtxyank

Before lebron chose cleveland last year his wife posted on Instagram about moving home days ahead of time. Chris Sheridan (who I mock) was on the radio two days before and said he’s 100% going to Cleveland and even called the day it would be announced.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@justtxyank is in the pocket of Big Media. Do not believe a word he says. For that matter, don't believe a word from anyone who thinks the Rockets Best Case Scenario won't happen. Because it will. It has to. Because.

15. sammy

Kevin Durant. @justtxyank

Say it with me. Kevin Durant. The NBA’s landcape has changed. Sure it’s looking likely that LA does end up with him but I wouldn’t put a lot of money on it either

16. justtxyank

Right. Amick is using logic to say he’s staying in Cleveland because:
    A) the rockets don’t believe he’s coming here
    B) no other star appears set to go to la

Therefore he thinks he’s staying in Cleveland because there isn’t a viable alternative

Deuce and KlutchQT like this.
  17. rocketseagles07

When it’s a rumor we like everybody is legit... when it’s a rumor we don’t like, even when multiple people are saying the same thing it’s fake news

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

no Lebron, no PG, no 3rd star...just adding a role player or 2 to this old roster and hoping that an aging, injury prone Chris Paul can stay healthy

*sigh*

Will Morey ever get that 3rd star?

19. sammy

Sheridan got it right for sure. Not sure what else he has gotten right since then. Honest question

20. sammy

Step back from the ledge. Morey will continue to look for a third bonafide all star. Bringing back everyone isn’t the end of the world. Can’t overpay on Ariza tho