1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] LeBron James' free agency: Kawhi Leonard, Chris Paul or Paul George could sway decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 23, 2018.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That's how I'm reading it. I would think this is the most positive report to date for Cavs fans.

amaru likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Gotcha.. well yeah that to me is more likely. Even then.. wasting another year in Cleveland if you ask me. A healthy Boston team while adding someone like Dwight would beat the Cavs in 5/6

everyday eddie likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If I’m a cleveland can I just don’t take any of it to heart yet. The only sourced part there is that the rockets don’t think he’s coming here. I think the rest is amick projecting.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Kawhi Trade to Lakers didn't happen, is making LeBron think about Houston more. Stephen A Smith coming on TV saying "Spurs are wasting their time not trading Kawhi" complete, utter nonsense, media forcing a trade. Even though Spurs are holding his rights and under contract with Spurs. Kawhi better play this season. I think the Spurs have to Sue Kawhi for not obligating his contract, Paying him to sit, is a bad, selfish move by Kawhi.

5. baubo

baubo Member

I feel the issue here wth LeBron isn’t whether he should come to the Rockets, it’s that if he were to come, he’d have to make the decision now. When was the last time LeBron made a quick, under the radar decision? Never. He draws things out, make everyone wait and report on him for weeks, and then do it. It’s part of his marketing and clout being the best player in the world.

It would make sense the Rockets are pessimistic. Because LeBron likely told them he’s going to drag this out to FA. At which point while the Rockets can still get him via S&T, the difficulty rises significantly.

I can imagine the Rockets looking to pursue other options because we are in a tight contending window and it would be stupid to put all the eggs on the LeBron basket. If we can get PG or Butler or some other lesser player but talent upgrade, Morey would prefer that than simply wait forever for LeBrons decision 3

6. KlutchQT

My goodness, we are spoiled. Lol.

MourningWood, amaru and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. justtxyank

He may think the rockets team couldn’t win and he’s better losing somewhere else. Who knows

8. KlutchQT

**deep sigh**

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He’s a really smart basketball guy. If it’s Anderson/EG and picks going out.. we would probably win around 70 games

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  10. justtxyank

We might sure but we still might not be able to beat the warriors. It would be close but no guarantee. I can definitely see him being nervous to go join a superteam and then lose

11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Amick isn't a hack. It's best to accept LeBron isn't coming. We'll be alright without him.

amaru and justtxyank like this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I keep reading these stories and thinking "ok"

I refuse to suffer Gell-Mann amnesia again, these media tools spew bullshit every offseason, and there's no reason to believe this offseason will be that time they don't.

Does that mean Lebron is coming here? nope, it means that it's all nonsense, good or bad for us and he'll do what he'll do (and probably knew what that was 3 months ago)

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I desperately want a ring

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What I read as well.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A couple of things. One, I want to make it clear it wouldn’t shock me for LeBron to choose Los Angeles, even though the Rockets represent the best basketball situation for him. Two, the only way Sheridan had legit intel is if LeBron or someone in his camp gave it to him. Obviously, his wife posting about moving back to Akron on Instagram is a different story. But so far, there’s no “hints” from her or anyone associated with his camp on social media or other mediums. All we have at this point is a bunch of reports that are full of conjecture.

My question is why would LeBron’s camp give all these reporters the scoop now? Everyone would believe he’s going to Los Angeles weeks in advance and when it’s confirmed in a week or two, there is minimal, if any, build up and suspense. That’s not consistent with how LeBron has handled his free agency decisions in the past.

16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Lebron staying in Cleveland is damn near like Lebron joining the Rockets! I rather him stay than join the Lakers! Look no major shifts have happen yet, Rockets had the best record with CP3 missing 23-24 games! Golden State took us to 7! Rockets didn't Golden State had to take the "Rockets" minus CP3 to 7 games! If the Rockets could better use Ryan Anderson's 20 million and CP3 can stay healthy then we are still right there to Dethrone the Warriors!

CALI_MOST_WANTD likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

After Windhorst's Thursday report:
    After Sam Amick's report, I think basketballholic just raised Houston up to 96%-97%. ;):D

BigMaloe, Cash Cam, lionaire and 3 others like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. justtxyank

This scoop is from the rockets. Amick has a great relationship with the team and is usually at the forefront about their thinking

HoustonCRT likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

If you read what I wrote, I said LA was option 1. It has been for years. That hardly sounds like what you are describing. I read the whole article and to think the Rockets would have a different answer is foolish. They don't have control. I would say the EXACT same thing for two reasons first of which its probably true and second I wouldn't draw attention. I mean people wouldn't possibly lie would they? No one ever does that. This was always a longshot but something that had decent underpinnings. I am sure CP3 talked it up to Morey and he has downplayed the hell out of it "I'm not betting on it but if you can make it happen we'll try." It definitely seemed like a better bet than Presti willing to deal with the Rockets on PG13. This will all be over in a week one way or another.

sammy likes this.