1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610's new lineup starts Monday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Vandy and Lord together? Ugh.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2929503

KILT revamps lineup following Pallilo's exit

By DAVID BARRON
    Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

KILT (610 AM) will reshuffle its program schedule beginning Monday, moving Marc Vandermeer to join Rich Lord in afternoon drive time and extending on-air hours for its morning and evening hosts.

Vandermeer, who moves from his morning shift to replace Charlie Pallilo in afternoon drive, and Lord will work from 2 to 6 p.m. Matt Jackson will host from 6 to 10 p.m.

Morning drive hosts John Granato and Lance Zierlein, with Jeremy Foster, will work from 6 to 11 a.m., followed by the Jim Rome Show from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The new lineup solves one piece of the puzzle at KILT triggered by Pallilo's departure to work afternoon drive on KBME (790 AM), which launches Dec. 20 as an all-sports station.

Still undetermined is which syndicated network will replace ESPN Radio on nights and weekends when those rights go to KBME in January.

Bill Van Rysdam, KILT's program director, said the station will emphasize its local hosts in contrast to the ESPN and Fox Sports Radio shows that will surround Pallilo's show on KBME.

"They'll be two different radio stations," Van Rysdam said.

"They'll run network programming, and we'll have people who live in Houston who follow Houston sports, talking about the Rockets, Astros, Texans, the University of Texas and things people here are interested in."

Van Rysdam also plans to hire an evening co-host to join Jackson.

Former KPRC (Ch. 2) sports anchor Craig Roberts and Chronicle reporter Moisekapenda Bower have worked with Lord and Jackson in recent weeks.

Chronicle sports staffers John McClain and Richard Justice also will continue to appear on the station, "maybe not Monday through Friday but on a regular basis," Van Rysdam said.

Meanwhile, Clear Channel Houston program director Ken Charles confirmed Thursday that KBME's new format will launch Dec. 20.

The station will run ESPN programming in the morning and early afternoon, including the Dan Patrick Show.

Pallilo will follow that, from 3 to 7 p.m., and Fox Sports Radio evenings and overnights until it gains full access to the ESPN lineup in January.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Good...no more Dan. More of John and Lance. Works for me.

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

send your aircheck to me

4. MadMax

what's an aircheck??? :)

5. Chance

i'm quick eh max?

6. Chance

a demo tape/cd

7. MadMax

don't have one. damn!!! but you've heard me speak while chewing enchiladas!!!

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I'd like to hear Matt teamed up with an ex-jock. Bullard, of course, is my choice. There has to be someone out there.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Isn't that what Rich Lord sounds like? I don't think they need 2 of those...

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I see the philosophy here. I'm not sure Rich and Mark are going to be that great, but we'll see. I hope Another Brother still gets on there weekly with the change.

Splitting up the drive time right at 6pm is a gamble, especially with Matt Jackson taking over. There are still a lot of people on the road at 6pm. If Palillo is on from 4 to 8, like he probably will be, KILT is risking losing listeners at 6pm and, frankly, 4pm depending on how good Lord and Vandermeer can be.

I'm thrilled with the "departure" of Patrick. He sucked. And the morning lineup makes a LOT more sense now. John and Lance should leadin to Rome. I'll reserve judgement on the afternoons until I hear them.

11. MadMax

yeah, but i look much better. i don't drool or anything.

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

5 hours of Granato? *ouch*

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

3-7. Pallilo has mentioned it. It's also in the DB article.

I also have to prop myself. Save the absence of a half-hour "Sportscenter-style" show from 5:30-6 AM, everything I posted a few weeks back seems to be correct :)

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Does anybody have any idea when the new station will begin broadcasting, or more importantly to me, when they will be streaming their broadcast online.

Not sure how much it will help me though since they will probably be streaming national radio shows all day when I am at work, but I guess its better than nothing.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

A fart? :confused:

16. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

2 extra hours of the morning crew means my dials flips at 9.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

18. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I agree, listening to Matt or Charlie. Not too tough of a call IMO

19. edc

edc Contributing Member

Both ESPN and Fox Sports Radio already stream nationally.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's always a plus. Of course on radio, I'm not sure it matters.