1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610's new lineup starts Monday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Dec 3, 2004.

1. benzman501

benzman501 Member

Rich and Mark "The Voice" sound pretty good

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

The Voice brought over his "$" sound...incase you wanted to know. :p

3. drapg

drapg Member

Driving home for lunch and hearing Rich Lord on the radio at 2:30 pm was a VERY surreal experience.

My internal clock was all screwed up!

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

The cash register is the only surviving sound effect. Rich liked it too so they kept it. Hokey but unintrusive.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Good thing.....I know they really would have upset a lot of listeners if that was gone. Lord knows I would be pissed.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

How else would we be able to tell who the first time callers are? :)

The Voice is just starting with this one effect. Before Rich knows it they'll all be back. Who can resist The Voice?

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I only listened briefly today, but I thought Rich and Mark were ok so far. I still would like to see them take on as many NBA media guests as they do NFL. It would be nice to see a regular segment with a national NBA beat writer.

9. Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty Member

...and why not a regular segment with CF.net? I believe there are other radio markets that have regular segments/special hours with sites half as good as this one.

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Whatever happened to Jonathan Feigen? Why isn't he on 610 anymore? You are right, it would be good to hear more NBA talk.

11. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I think AB is doing a nice job unofficially representing cf.net. ;)

I like Jeff's idea and hopefully 610 will consider something like that.
    The thing though is how many good (or decent) national NBA guys are out there?

610 used to have Murphy on every week and to be honest, I found him very boring on the radio. There were hardly any interesting or insightful conversation.

12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

That's over, but it was fun.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

14. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Damn... so much for injecting more bball talk on their show.
    :( :mad:

15. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

No more David Delati!?!?

I guess Looney Tunes is bringing back Marvin the Martain???

Sorry to hear that AB.
    Maybe you can be the co-host on the Matt Jackson show.
    I think you 2 could seriously kick it.

I think the shows are getting a little long. I wish they would find someone else to kinda put it back to the original format, although I do like Matt Jackson coming on earlier. Take An hour from Mark/Rich and The morning Show and give them to someone else after Rome.

I heard Charlie on 740 yesterday and just felt sad. :(
    He's the only thing I will miss. I think I will prefer listening to Matt just because he has more energy, but lacks Charlies wisdom.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

They never asked Clutch. I did maybe one segment once with Matt Jackson once representing the site. Personally, I think it would be a blast to listen to.

I've always thought a "fan angle" segment would be very cool. I think that is what I did with Matt that one time.

17. Chance

That's kinda what "takin' calls" is. I have articulated many times that when cc.netters call in they should represent as AB and I often do.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, but when they do, the hosts completely ignore them. They treat cc.net like it is just a crazy fansite without any legitimacy whatsoever. They always have.

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I have to agree with that.

20. Chance

And I would emplore that you are both out of your minds. Lance specifically comments on what a great site it is, how stories get broken here, how well respected it is, and how aesthetically pleasing it is. John never talks about it becuase he doesn't know what the internet is. Matt uses it for content, this forum specifically, and gives credit. That would leave Rich, Marc, and professionally posthumously Charlie. Marc doesn't give the site much attention because frankly he gets hammered by most of the people in here. And Rich and Charlie did just see it as a fansite. they are too old school to recognize cc.net, or any bbs for that matter, as a legitimate communication forum or source. Charlie is working for the devil now and I am working on Rich.

there are thousands of bbs's out there and many are much more populated and active than cc. I doubt any of them get referenced on the radio as much as cc.