1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610's new lineup starts Monday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

But you're getting more. Two ADDITIONAL hours of that horrid sound f/x machine of his. :(

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Chance - Can you address this? This is a big concern of mine as well. One of the major reasons I don't listen to Vandermeer are those ridiculous sound effects he uses. Please tell us he won't be transferring these over to the afternoon show. If so, I think you guys will lose even more listeners during that slot.

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

he's not using them anymore

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Hey chance, you still around? What should I expect to hear once the big hand and little hand hit the 12?

And I've heard Rick Balou is one of the better TSN hosts...he getting a spot somewhere? I think he'd be on during the latenight hours...but, not exactly sure.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Well, if SR610 picks up Sporting News Radio, Rick Balou does the 9pm to 1am shift, our time, followed by Kevin Wheeler from 1-5 local time.

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why not team Matt and Jeremy again? They had a good show. Each is weak alone, but together they made a good team.

Rich Lord is horrible. Mixing him with Vandermere is like mixing a bad bowl of Menudo with a hangover. Yeah, it was supposed to be a cure, but it just makes you hurl. I don't need 4 hours of dry heaves.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Praise Jesus!

Is he taking it ok? :)

8. Miguel

Awesome, that sounds fantabulous. I've been wanting to listen to Rick Balou for a while but couldn't find myself listening to TSN online. :p.

9. Miguel

It would appear that All Night is still on. Is this the final farewell Todd Wright? If there's anything from ESPN radio I'll miss, it's that. :p

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It does in College Station. I guess maybe other stations close to the dial beam up during the night and makes 610's less audible. I don't think it's 610's signal strength as much as other stations clogging the airwaves.

740 can be heard all the way to Austin.

I wonder how far 790's signal will reach.

11. Chance

Marc is fine with losing the SFX.

We are still working out some minor details with Sporting News and will stick with ESPN until these are ironed out. Hopefully we can get everything exactly as we want it prior to January 22nd, our last day to have ESPN.

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2933602

Dalati joins Pallilo in moving to KBME

By DAVID BARRON
    Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

David Dalati is the second Houston sports personality to migrate up the AM dial for KBME's (790 AM) launch two weeks from today as an all-sports station.

Dalati, who resigned Friday at KILT (610 AM), today joins Clear Channel Radio Houston to work on ESPN 790, the "Sports Animal." He will provide news updates for Charlie Pallilo's afternoon drive-time show and cover news stories for 790, essentially duplicating his duties with 610.

"He's a digger, a hustler and a good reporter who knows how to find news, break stories and get them on the air quickly," said Ken Charles, Clear Channel's AM program director.

Dalati, a protégé of Barry Warner (I mention this because it's more efficient for me to mention that Dalati is a Warner protégé than have to answer the phone this morning and have Barry remind me that David is a Warner protégé) and a fixture on Houston radio since 1981, said the Clear Channel offer was too good to pass up.

"You don't get a chance to improve your lot in this business too often. When you get the chance, you have to do it," he said. "It was an honor to be considered. When somebody wants you, you have to jump at the chance."

KBME's gain, of course, is yet another loss for KILT, which launches its revamped talk-show lineup today. The main change, as we discussed Friday, is pairing Marc Vandermeer with Rich Lord in afternoon drive time.

13. Miguel

Around this time, I'm getting home from taking my brother and sister to school, and John and Lance are just about to go off the air. Now, I get to listen to them for an extra 2 hours. :D

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dalati is quite good as a reporter (see Jeff's post).... but if they ever give him his own studio show.... egad.

Anybody know if they're seriously running Charlie solo at KMBE, or are they plannin to have him work with a partner?

Either way, he'd be fine... just makes for a different dynamic if he's workin w/ somebody. (I guess Rich might head over there, once his contract is up in March... but then again, he might not).

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

My bet would that he runs solo until Rich decides what he is going to do. I'm sure KBME really wants that tandem together if possible and they wouldn't risk getting people used to Palillo and someone else. If Rich stays at KILT, they'll probably add a person to work with Charlie.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Is 790 just offering huge salaries or what? I'm just curious why Charlie and David jumped over there unless they both got offers that blew them away.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Charlie and David are just tired of working with Chance. Word on the street have it that they even took less money from 790 to get away from ChanceM :p

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's 2:00...and there is NO DAN PATRICK!!! woo hoo!!!!

19. Chance

I'm trying to run off J-Fizz now.

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Personally, I'm glad there are 2 stations to choose from.

Now, I can get sports news/commentary while 610 broadcast Longhorn football, WNBA, & golf.

I'm a loyal 610 listener, but not loyal enough to put up with the above programs.

I like the Rich & Mark pair up much more than Rich & Matt. Matt needs a side-kick badly. When he performs solo, I don't listen to it much.