1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What kind of logic that can make you think those things can exist together?

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Using the word Elite is ridiculous with DMO, come on now. He's not nearly as good as you claim he is and he's not nearly as bad as some say he is. He can post up very nicely when he gets position and has a good basketball IQ ect., but jesus man you blow this kid way out of proportion and that's why this thread is still alive. I'm a rocket fan and love how this kid has finally grown in his 3rd NBA season, but he's got a ways to go and I'm pulling for him.

3. nobie

nobie Member

ye schooling hibbert, ibaka, davis, boogie, noah is him only playing well against weak frontcourt.....

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Y'all do realize dron is a trolling DMo Only Fan, right?

Anyway -- @jsb, your post is a nice thought, but DMo is not the only victim. Bev, Josh, Joey, Ariza, and Dwight have all had similar reactionary/critical threads about them. Last season, Harden had one. Dwight. Bev. Lin. Garcia. Everybody gets it, and if they haven't -- their time is probably coming.

5. nobie

nobie Member

[​IMG]

6. KlutchQT

There were definitely stats posted showing that he is (or at least was at the time) near the top of the heap w/ regard to opponent FG% around the rim. Not terribly far behind Dwight.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

D-mo has elite level post moves.
    Slightly above average defense.
    Average passing
    Average decision making
    and poor rebounding

8. dron

dron Member

schooled them once because he took them by surprise. That doesn't mean he played well against them.

9. dron

dron Member

Do you have any prove about me being troll? or is it just your own thought, unsupported by any facts?

10. dron

dron Member

and he is soft as toilet paper.

[​IMG]

11. KlutchQT

You realize your post history is visible to contributing members, right? But I'm sure you're right. I guess you came here thinking DMo was a good player with the skills to become an All-Star / accusing others of being "DMo haters" -- yet spontaneously decided he was a Scalabrine-level scrub within the last week or so?

Then there's this epic meltdown you had when someone dared to criticize his rebounding:

But now he's suddenly a soft as tissue scrub who doesn't belong in the league. Cool story, bro. If trolling is the only way you can stomach people pointing out flaws in his game -- OK. But I hate to see people who are actually fans of this team wasting their keystrokes defending the guy because they don't realize you're trolling.

1 person likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

You don't watch many games do you.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. dron

dron Member

14. KlutchQT

The word you're looking for is "proof." Anyway, keep trolling through the pain -- I personally won't be seeing your posts anymore, but genuine posters should now have a picture of what you're doing here. Adios. :cool:

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And Dorsey has the team high +/- yesterday in the Rockets win over the pacer, so he must be the MVP of last night?

Look, you can always find some stats to explain or support your point of view, but that's not stats should be used for.

Just try to think in a logical way, how can someone be bad on both rebounding and shot blocking and also called as a "rim-protector"?

17. KlutchQT

The Dorsey +/- stat from a single game is a terrible, terrible, terrible comparison. Awful. And the "think logically, don't distort stats!" argument is rich coming from you -- pretty sure you're the person who tried using season stats a few days ago in an attempt to prove that Dwight's 2pt FG% >> DMo's -- despite the fact that Dwight has played... oh, I don't know -- like 38 fewer games on the season? LOL.

In any event, the fact that opponents' FG% at the rim is (or was at the time the stats were posted) ~43% against DMo isn't something you can dismiss out of hand, IMO. And for what it's worth, the other guys who were lumped into that group with him/Dwight at that time were Bogut, Hibbert, Duncan, Serge, Asik and Boogie. I'm sure that's purely coincidental, though. ;) FWIW, Asik was never a prolific shot-blocker and still isn't -- but he changes a lot of shots and opponent decisions in the paint by sheer virtue of his size and good defensive positioning.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

First of all, I never went the Chuck route and said stats are useless so lets make this clear.

Secondly, now you are trying to compare DMo with Dwight and insist on Dmo's stats has 38 games more than Dwight played this season and hence whatever favor Dwight should not count.

See where you are going with this? On one hand, Dorsey's one game stats is a ridiculous sample (of course it is), and Dwight's 38 games less stats doesn't qualify as solid as Dmo as, oh why would you not include last season also? nor the career comparison between Dwight and Dmo? or at least the stats comparison between Dwight and Dmo when they were in the same age?

That's exactly what I have said, when you just try to find a portion of the stats to support your argument only but rather compare with the facts, its meaningless.

Not the stats itself.

Interesting that you have mentioned Asik as an example to compare with Dmo.

Whether Asik is a good "rim-protector" is a different topic to be discussed, but what you have mentioned : "his size and good defensive positioning",

I just want to ask this question : how often have you seen Asik (and other elite defenders you mentioned above) fell on the floor per game?

19. KlutchQT

You cited the fact that Dwight's 2pt FG% for this season is 57.8% to DMo's 52.9% as evidence that Dwight should continue posting up when he returns. Several people pointed out to you that those stats are empty without context, considering that DMo has played nearly 40 more games than Dwight has. The guy who has played 38 fewer games will almost inevitably have a higher FG%, having attempted fewer shots. That is akin to classifying Dwight as one of our best 3-point shooters last season simply because his 3pt shooting percentage was higher than most of our guards -- and disregarding the fact that he only attempted three 3s on the season. Those are good examples of distorting stats / using them without context to suit your argument.

Asik has long been regarded as an above-average rim protector, though I think most would argue he has shown some decline this season. His primary impact for us was always his ability to change/alter shots at the rim -- or to make guys think twice about coming into the paint at all. I simply don't think you have to be an elite rebounder or shot-blocker to provide that value, and I think Asik is a good example of that. There is a lot more to rim protection than rebounds and blocks recorded -- most of Asik's impact never even showed up in the box score.

Not sure what falling on the floor has to do with anything, so I'll pass on that...

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said. ;)