1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 18, 2014.

?

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

1. Yes

32.0%
  2. No

68.0%
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lol! did you actually watch the series? because harden disappeared. he choked under the pressure and couldn't hit a damn thing. he didn't draw those ticky tack fouls like he does in the regular season and thus stopped trying to drive to the basket all together. it was portlands gameplan to give the ball to whoever he was guarding and it usually worked.

howard, asik, parsons, beverley, daniels, and jones played with confidence. lin and especially harden choked.

also mchale made some seriously questionable decisions, and should've been replaced. but i think the rockets like using him as a recruiter... it didn't pan out this summer though. i'm afraid he will be our coach until he helps us land a 3rd star. man, even if howard opts out and leaves i think mchale will still be our rebuilding coach. sad.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Where else would he have signed? The Lakers blow, the Mavs were only decent last season because they blew the cap space they would've used on Dwight to add roleplayers. Dwight made the right basketball decision, it's just unfortunate that the front office is doing a poor job of building around him and Harden.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Kobe Shaq 2.0? -____-

4. dznutz

dznutz Member

he has an opt out clause. only time will tell

5. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Not a bad question to ask, but you can't expect people on this forum to give an unbiased answer...especially when you have people actually believing the above.

If I were Howard i'd be unhappy with how the offseason went but wouldn't regret signing with Houston. Morey is aggressive and whiffed but (like a million other threads have mentioned) he put himself in a position to succeed and stack this team to be a contender. Basically, if bosh said yes...Morey is a uber genious yet again. Doesn't always work out, but i'm sure howard knows morey wont just be sitting back and he's trying to make moves to improve the team asap.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lakers weren't his only other option.

True. He now realizes how lazy Harden's D is, though.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes I watched the series. "Played with confidence" and "choked" are your criteria? Are they a function of the old "eye test"?

Harden scored 26.8 PPG in the playoffs. That's hardly disappearing or choking.

As for Portland's offensive "gameplan" to go at Harden, as you claim, it was LMA (29.8 PPG) and Lillard (25.5 PPG) who killed us. He wasn't guarding them.

8. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

He has come and said that we will be fine and agreed with morey not matching. Why is this even a discussion anymore? Case closed

9. jwayne

jwayne Member

Why would he regret it? Because the fans are unhappy that every big name free agent isnt signing with Houston. Lets get real.

10. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

I think Dwight has been around the NBA long enough to know that this is a business and Les can't be out there spending all his money on a third wanna be * Star in Chandler Parsons. i actually think that dwight's backup's will play fairly well when he rests and they spell him. Ariza should be able to stop Corey Brewer from scoring 50+ points. come on guys, these rockets lost "role" players but J Lin we all know was a weak defender and was mightily Inconsistent and was Parsons. Ariza knows something that we already know he wants to play with the next Kobe Killer in James Harden he is the only player who he knows will take the tough shots and try to bring a Championship to Houston! nuff said i think we can actually stay in the 4th spot in Western Conference nobody has actually made any significant moves so i think we still be in the playoffs and then that's when I hope Ariza can help James and Howard how to play in the Playoffs and how every possession is important

11. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

Yes. Historically, having a 1-2 punch of the likes of howard/harden was kind of a big deal in the nba until the 'big 3' model of 2010. If he regrets anything about coming to houston its probably the summer weather not the team constitution, and with his pay grade he can change the weather whenever he wants. Hes good.

12. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

We'll know after this year.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Our starting line-up is the same as last year.
    Retaining Asik as at no point ever on the table.
    I don't Howard is losing sleep about Lin.

Seriously, what's the problem?

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Except he never said that until much later when the media picked up on it and started asking him about it.

1 person likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ha !

16. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

If you don't think Asik, Lin, and Parsons would have helped us out tremendously this year, than you clearly don't know basketball. All three would have been on their last year of contract and all three would have played their best to get a big payday. Asik may have pouted last year, but I doubt he is dumb enough to sit out and pout in his final year of his contract. We could have seen the best of Asik, Lin, and Parsons, but no we are under the spell of Morey so losing in the 1st round is just as well as winning.

17. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Dwight has found a niche here.... The offense in most part lets him play the game he wants to play.... Although I do think this team would have been better had they never gotten him.:eek: Only because in spite of Dwight being a better defender, I thought Asik made the team better defensively.

The only other thing I say is the Pelicans might become a monster defending the rim, with Asik and Anthony Davis.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lots of fans like teams that don't even make the playoffs. I thought that was kind of the essence of being a fan . . . "win or lose," "through thick and thin," that kind of thing. If winning is paramount, just follow San Antonio.

As for Asik, Lin and Parsons, they're not on the Rockets.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets had 12th ranked defense last season and ranked 17th the year before with Asik at the helm.

Rockets won 9 more games with Dwight starting and Asik barely playing than with Asik and a better bench the year before.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Howard can opt out of his contract in two years... We'll find out how he feels then.