1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 18, 2014.

?

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

1. Yes

32.0%
  2. No

68.0%
  1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What? We were one of the best offensive teams in the league last year. We just couldn't stop anyone once Sampson left

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This team will only go as far as Howard and Harden will lead it. Do Howard and Harden have the heart of a champion?

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Not really, think about it. He would play in LA, with no support.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Y'all all have it wrong. He came here to play with Harden, a young bright talented team. get Coached by McHale with the icing on the cake being mentored by Olajuwon. Clyde and Hakeem sold him on the inside out potential (which hasn't gone anywhere) with wings capable of destroying the defense with 3 bombs. We had a taste of it last year and got an even better player for the role than Parsons by signing Ariza. Dude is a deadly 3 point shooter along with Daniels. The floor ought to be spread a lot better this year with Ariza and Daniels banging in 3's at a ridiculous rate in 2014-2015 and Ariza actually playing DEFENSE. Parsons was a C- defender last year. Ariza is a solid A defender. Crunch the data folks the numbers aren't anything like y'all are making it out to be. Howard will continue to smile next year.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Clutch needs to post this message in BIG A** type on the home page 'The OFF-SEASON IS NOT OVER YET' so everyone can read and remember it before they post anything. All the posts about how Morey is throwing away the season and the roster is terrible and all of that when the fact is the off-season is not over and the season is 3 months away. This will not be the final roster! Chill out.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

May I request the point of this thread?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think Howard is definitely on alert. However, Morey knows this and has absolutely no desire to avoid improvement. We are going to come back an equally good team as last year, and meanwhile we are loading up on desirable contracts so that we have enough salary to send out with our draft picks before the deadline if someone is available. If not available, then the coming summer.

Howard may leave if we continue to strike out, but it won't be for lack of trying to improve on the part of the organization.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Kid didn't leave 30 million on table. He left a fifth year and about 8 million on table. That fifth year only matters if he gets injuried.

9. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

From a child support standpoint - YES!

10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

How did he leave 30 million on the table? Is he not going to play in 3years? Does california not have high state income tax? Its amazing you other members didnt acknowledge that the premise of this thread wasnt even correct

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anybody who answered yes to this is completely ridiculous. He absolutely loves living and playing here, and feels like he can re-establish his dominance in the league by playing with James Harden. The NBA is a business, and he out of everybody knows that. He probably talks to Morey at least once or twice a week, and understands every move the Rockets are going to make. If anything, I'm willing to bet Morey consults Howard more than he even consults Harden at this point when it comes to roster moves. Howard has shown that he is completely engaged with this team and organization.

12. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

For all the talk about Lin there were moments last year in which he stepped up huge for the Rockets even in the playoffs while Harden looked lost. Plus PG is a tough spot to fill regardless and he's gone now.

Asik clearly put a cork on Aldrige once Mchale figured out he needed a better defender on him. Asik was a legit 7 footer who could rebound and defend he will be missed greatly. I know he wanted a trade but I keep him on the roster if I'm Morey especially after it was clear we were not getting Bosh.

Now for Parsons who was in my view a great glue guy along the lines of a Shane Battier type. The Rockets looked broken without this guy on the floor they had no flow at all in the offense. Was he worth $15M a year - No but his worth to the Rockets was certainly larger than the stats he put up. Huge blunder by Morey to not pick up the option on Parsons. He found a diamond in a 2nd round draft choice who is a lower tier Star in my opinion and let the guy walk for nothing to a division rival no less. If I'm Les I have one strike on Morey for this blunder because it was not a small loss to the team. Ariza is a good player and will fill in for Parsons but he's not the glue guy Parsons was.

We'll see what this new team can do soon enough but it def feels like the roster has taken a few steps backwards. The quality dept we had is gone and we've made other teams in the West better.

#32 thewaterox, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  13. dantian

dantian Member

He'd basicly because of the ineptitude of the coach who has Morey's trust. With the talent on hand, Pop would have won the title.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Why? This team is at the least the same as last year if not better. I'm sticking by that.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He came here because of that coach. He loves playing for McHale. Why do people not understand this simple concept?

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Except that he came here in large part because of McHale. So there's also that.

17. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You wanna know how it's a TrOLL thread? When the creator starts some bullsh!t and then never participates; The BBS has really been diluted with nincompoops and it's getting worse. Overrating, panicking and reaching is the common practice instead of common sense. Educate yourself and use logic.....Dwight came here and won 54 wins his first year in a PACKED west. We lose Chandler Parsons; a role player....Asik who played half a season while b!itching the other half and Jeremy Lin who everyone wanted gone....Yea I'm pretty sure that those guys are the main reason Dwight came here. Harden, Mchale and Dream had NOTHING to do with it. He should request a trade now because the Rockets have bamboozled him lol

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Morey pulling out of that deal after NO had already starting making moves to clear space for Asik would have been a TERRIBLE idea, IMO. Good luck getting GMs to deal with you after that.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I seriously doubt Dwight's decision to come here was because he was hoping we would sign anouther max player later.

I'm sure like everyone else he will be dissapointed how everything played out but like us we will all move on and do with what we have.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Rashard Lewis and the rest of the Orlando Magic is the reason Howard got to the finals.

But I don't think he's losing sleep over losing Parsons. Parsons and McHale were both on this team when Houston was trying to trade Orlando for him and Howard said he did not won't to come here . So if they fired McHale and brought in a better coach he would probably be fine with that too.

He's here because of Harden _ period. How long will he stay remains to be seen.