1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 18, 2014.

?

Would you regret signing with Houston if you were Howard?

1. Yes

32.0%
  2. No

68.0%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He didn't give me the best roster in the nba within 1 year.

STONE THEM ALL

2. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Well things change and deals fall apart - see Bosh for instance. I pull out of that deal if I'm Morey.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You just do not pull out of trades that are agreed upon champ....Bosh changing his mind wasn't a trade; he was a free agent that decided to stay with his team. Morey had an agreement with NO to move Asik; if Morey pulls out, he would be black balled around the League. You don't pull out of agreed trades.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nah... for those who are saying DAL and GSW were better.... Mavs wouldn't have been able to get Ellis and GSW wouldn't have been able to get Iggy.. and Harden is better than any player on either team.

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Joke about something else moron.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yes, I don't think he even had his own dwight howard show in LA? If you see him not smiing then you're in trouble. He's a big kid.

7. Fantasma Negro

Why? Why is everyone acting like the sky is falling? Parsons for Ariza is a wash in fact we might be better. Amid the aggressive expectations we have pretty much the same starters

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Jones
    Howard

We're still a top four western conference team and with Ariza pushing Harden in practice he can't help but improve on the defensive end. Yall need to relax with the doomsday scenarios, I'm not understanding what's to regret, he signed here to play with Harden, as long as Harden and Jones improve defensively we have a chance to make a run

8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

When the time comes for Dwight's next contract, Houston can offer him the most money and most years. Enough said.

We're not losing him unless we really truly piss him off.

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Go chk Dwight's interior stats. He was pleased. How many chips does LBJ have? How many has he lost? Dwight is bk to getting to be a Top 3 player bc of last season. We lost, we'd have lost to the Spurs, and who is to say we lose that Portland series if Parsons takes less shots giving Dwight more?

Do people not remember that when we were wondering why we adorned going to Dwight (down low), after he owned?

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

ABANDONED. FIXED

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

My prediction:

This year will be a failure or at least a little bit worst than last year. Last year, I feel they were lucky to win some of those games that were close. So because of that and because some of the players that play an important roles on the team are gone...it's going to open up holes on the team on the bench. For example, when Howard sit...i predict teams will try to eat Rockets alive inside without Asik and when Beverley or James sit, Rockets couldn't find any offense going without Lin and James and Howard can't be playing too much minutes or they will get tired and start turning over the ball. And you will see Chandler Parson's offensive and defensive skills and his determination will be missed.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If the Rockets were playing an 82-game series against Portland, it's probably wise to keep Asik around.

if they're playing 82 games against the NBA, he's probably not the best use of resources as a one-year rental, which he most certainly was.

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the Rockets were the winners in the Asik trade - they got a guaranteed lotto or near lotto pick, in the offseason, for an expiring contract guy who makes $15 million and projected to play about 15 minutes a night, who didn't want to be in Houston, and who everybody in the league knew was for sale, who they couldn't get anything for last year.

That is a win, win, win, win situation, it's a deal you make *regardless* of whether you get LeBron or Bosh or whoever.

13. pass_to_Hakeem

You can sleep peacefully at night knowing that Dwight was told by Morey that Parsons was not coming back and had Dwight objected, well Parsons would be a Hou Rocket still!! No way whatsoever did Morey ignore Dwight had Dwight told him to keep Parsons , etc etc!

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The "glue guy" concept is getting a bit worn. People use it all the time because its meaning is so vague.

OK, Parsons had a +2.6 on-off during the regular season. But he had a -6.2 on-off in the playoffs! That's right: the offense was worse when he was on the court, and the defense was better when he was off the court. Everyone blames Jones and Lin for their playoff performances. . . . Well, Parsons' -6.2 was enough to swing the whole series.

The point is, enough of the "glue guy" thing. Let's try to stick to facts.

15. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

he could have talked to bosh or melo if he wanted to.... even lebron

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Howard approved Joey Dorsey?

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Cleveland was worse yesterday than it will be tomorrow, too.

18. joesr

joesr Member

At this moment yes. But I would thinking the season hasnt started

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Awful thread is awful.

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

No. He really seems to like it here. I think he needs to realize he doesn't need to jump through the roof to be dominate. It was fun while he was younger, but I think he needs to listen to Shaq. Put on 15 pounds of muscle, particularly in his legs. Rely less on leaping ability and just, dominate. No one can match his upper body strength as it is now, outside of maybe Ibaka and Griffin. Even then I'm not sure. I'm with Shaq, 30 and 15 is not out the question.

Am I the only one who saw Dwight light in Terrence Jones? I don't understand why 17/9 with an improved FT% is out of the question. His defense was obviously suspect, but come on it was essentially his rookie year.