1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You don't collect points guards as trade assets, because then you're trying to sell something nearly everyone already has.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Bledsoe is worth a max, he is damn good imo.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Hard to imagine an injury prone PG getting Max Money in a league over saturated with elite Point Guards. That is the most stacked position in the league.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dragic can play at the 2 along with Rubio. Bledsoe not as much, I admit.

I might be wrong here, but I don't think Houston will want to add either one as a potential 3rd star.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hornacek never ran them as a 1 and 2, he ran them both as basically dual point guards (before bledsoe went down, they were both 19/6, Bledsoe became more of an off guard after he came back which might also be an issue behind why he's holding out), and you can't do that with Rubio, the guy can't shoot from anywhere but is a much better passer than either of them. So no, I couldn't see Flip running a system like that at all, which is why he's targeting people like Klay and Wiggins, basically off ball wings to fill the SG spot.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I appreciate your insight. What you are saying makes a lot a sense.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never give 15, 16 million or max for potential. Not to Bledsoe, not to Parsons.

You give them to a new Allstar that has made the ASG or deserved to be an Allstar (Both Lowry and Dragic qualify)

We need veterans anyway

8. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

He would have to play under his qualifying offer from Suns. It's 1 year, $2.8 million. I doubt he let's that happen.

9. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

We gave a max to Harden

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We traded for him and he was already the best 6th man and has been to the Finals.

11. rocketseagles07

Still was based on potential.....

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. Minny would not only alienate Rubio, but the PG traded there will be playing on a losing team for a bit, and would probably leave (along with Rubio) at the first chance they get.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing that Lakers have moved to front of the Eric Bledsoe sign-and-trade line. Suns want Julius Randle + HOU first-rounder.</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/statuses/490893102719459328">July 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well great move for the suns if true. They get a nice big man and a first rounder and can then spend 15M on someone who is actually worth a max contract.

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

If LA were to agree to this, i think the suns have to do this trade. Good trade for them considering their pg situation.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If the suns are demanding that much for Bledsoe, it must mean that the Lakers are not offering the max. This all basically an assurance that the suns won't match. Seems stupid as hell if you ask me. If the market is that weak for Bledsoe, why wouldn't he just play out his contract and sign for a fat deal as a UFA?

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sucks for Lin; back to the bench if Bledsoe comes here

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't see that offer being all that valuable. It's basically Randle and a 2nd round pick for Bledsoe.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

4 years of Julius Randle on a rookie-scale contract is very, very valuable and can be flipped in a year or two if need be for the star the Phoenix has been coveting. If not, Phoenix can use an upgrade at the 4 anyway.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed. TJ is more proven and better fit for Suns run and gun offense than Randle and NOP first is more valuable. However, Suns may be looking for upgrade at pivot or wing instead of 4 (already ton of guys there) and they already hold 3 first rounders in next draft.

Suns are not looking for best deal but rather for best fit. Anyone follow Suns enough to know hidden needs? And IMO, if Parsons & Heyward got Max then Bledsoe most assuredly deserves it as well, he's the better player out of the 3, a mini Harden Plus he plays D.