1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Dragic + Randle would be fun. Would be similar to Nash + Amare from 04-08. Not as good...but similar, hahaha

2. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I don't really see the need for the Suns to move Bledsoe unless they just don't think he will be a good value at the contract they are likely going to have to give him. I think they're pretty happy with Dragic at SG and Isiah Thomas in a 6th man role.

Bledsoe seems like a good fit with Harden but I would kind of be surprised if Morey saw him at the elite 3rd piece.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree that Suns first choice is to keep Bledsoe but it almost seems like he is trying to force his way out of PHX, fans have complained that he has never warmed to the city. As for Morey's interest, did anyone think that Harden was star material (elite FIRST piece) when Rockets originally traded for him? Morey is an out of the box thinker and Bledsoe does not just ofer great production on both offense and defense but Lebron claims he is his favorite NBA player.

I like his potential, like Harden few years ago, on the right team.

4. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

LOL! This rumor probably start by Bledsoe's agent, there is no way the lakers would trade their best big man that is also under rookie contract for a soon to be overpay injury prone pg.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Here?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I still think a Bledsoe-Monroe double S&T makes sense. But that deal takes 2 team and 2 players to agree to it and can easily be derailed if any of the 4 actors isn't satisfied.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would understand that as a Rocket fan that the team hasn't had much postseason success therefore you might roll the dice on potential that borderline allstar talents like Bledsoe have.

But I would not recommend Bledsoe as franchise cornerstone to any other 29 NBA teams, especially not rebuilding teams such as Hinkie's 76er team.

They could do better in the draft.

8. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I can see why the Lakers does that. The Lakers hopes to stay competitive. The question is whether the Suns likes this package more than the TJones + Pelicans Pick.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And whether the Suns like any of the packages offered over just keeping Bledsoe at whatever $ figure the sides can agree to.

#89 Carl Herrera, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  10. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I think the Suns intends to keep Bledsoe. The Suns holds all the leverage at this point. Unless Philadelphia, Detroit, or Charlotte intends to throw bigger money at him, he is going to have to settle for the 12M/year, which I think is a generous offer considering Bledsoe's history of injuries and that he has not proven enough to be a franchise player. I doubt Bledsoe would opt for the QO either. Just play this long enough and Bledsoe will eventually agree.

11. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Don't worry about the lakers on this one, they aren't going to pay 35+ mil for 1 postion. (nash-9, Lin-15, Bledsoe-12+)

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

30 mil+ for SG last season.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

What if they include Nash?

Bledsoe sign and trade for Nash, Randle and HOU 1st round pick sign. Bledsoe would sign for around 13M or even max of 15M/year and the salaries would work.

I think this would make a lot of sense for both teams, especially lily if the Lakers really want Bledsoe. It only works because Nash would have sentimental value to the Suns as he begins to retire.

14. Nook

Nook Member

They include Nash and the Lakers offer doesn't look all that great. If Houston wanted to, they could beat that offer... Nash has negative value.

15. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

The lakers tried months to dump Nash but no takers, I don't think the Suns want him back.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Honestly this could end up backfiring terribly on the Suns due to how terribly cheap/lowballing they are. Sarver continuing to prove he is amongst the worst.

If he were unrestricted, he would probably get a max ($63M over 4). Their offer of $48M over 4 is an absolute joke.

He could seriously take the qualifying offer of $6.5M assuming he could get the $63M over 4 max next offseason and make more money ($69.5M over 5 vs $48M over 4).

If he takes that qualifying offer, Suns would end up with both Dragic and Bledsoe as unrestricted free agents at the same time (thanks to the player option in Dragic's contract).

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He wouldn't have to take the qualifying offer. He could just take a one year contract with us or other team with capspace. Phoenix would match and he would be free next year with a lot more money in the bank.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Who would want to tie up their capspace for 3 days?

That seems to be the main reason he has not even gotten an offer sheet more than what the Suns are offering.

19. Redcfc1

Redcfc1 Member

Hard to believe the Clippers gave away Bledsoe for practically nothing.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bledsoe is stuck with the qualifying offer because no team will offer him one year knowing the Suns would obviously match. I doubt any RFA worth a plugged nickel has ever signed a one-year offer sheet in NBA history.

Either someone gives the Suns enough in return to get a SnT done or Bledsoe isback with them at $48MM or the qualifying offer.

RFA status only works for some players.