1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Not worth it

2. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Might truly become baby Lebron or might just be Eric Gordon 2.0. His best bet is to take his QO and become unrestricted next yr.

3. fattz

fattz Member

He is everything we need to pair with Howard. If it takes Harden to get that done in S&T so be it BUT fill the other TEAM needs in the process. A slower pace FITS a dominant center anyway. Let the TEAM be known for it defense. Let the ISO be part of out past, run some sets, play inside out, or Pick & Roll / Pop. Grind out the wins and play like it is the play - offs and not the YMCA every night. The Suns have players that would fill out the roster for this style of play. We have Howard so let's use our SUPERSTAR and get a ring. It won't be pretty but a win is a win.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My source in L.A. is pushing Lakers to offer Julius Randle, Jordan Hill &amp; 1st Rd Pick from Lin deal in sign &amp; trade for Bledsoe. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hmmmm?src=hash">#Hmmmm</a></p>&mdash; Jon Bloom (@JonBloom) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonBloom/statuses/490225591040241664">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Lol not possible. Jordan Hill just signed.

6. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Not even possible. Good try

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The thing that worries me about Bledsoe is his style of play. He is a tenacious player that plays hard on both ends of the floor. Similar to Derek Rose, Westbrook, Brandon Roy, he takes a lot of contact/hits. Not saying it's a terrible thing but I hope that in giving him the max, teams realize he will be out some games. In a good case scenario, he only misses a short stint but he's already missed big chunks of the season due to injury. It would be dumb to not expect that again in the future.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He wants that Parsons Chandler type money

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This guy could be full of it, but that trade IS technically possible.

Jordan Hill has not yet officially signed his deal. Obviously, Hill would need to agree to be signed-and-traded to Phoenix. (However, as an Arizona grad, he might actually be open to that idea.)

However, Hill's BYC status would make it difficult for the Lakers to get enough salary together to give Bledsoe the contract he wants.

So... I'll still call shenanigans on this guy. But for a different reason than you guys. ;)

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know who else went to college in Arizona and do not have BYC status?

Nick Johnson and James Harden.

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think Morey is done for now guys....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Official signings of Dorsey/Adrien/Smith mean <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> have no imminent plans to use cap room. If move was pending, they'd wait to sign them</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/490320139988910081">July 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's with all these non superstars demanding max money? In 2 years every single player this off season will be considered a bad contract except for the real max guys, maybe Lowry and Ariza. In the case of Bledsoe he is good but I don't think he is substantially better than Dragic or Lowry. Maybe we can get back Dfagic so suns will ha e cap to give Bledsoe 16M per

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All the more reason that King Drew guy is a clown.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With respect, as knowledgeable as bima is, Morey isn't necessarily done.

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

i think with a projected rise in the NBA revenue in a couple years, there will be a new max in the NBA. the current max is what the 2nd tier players will get. i think this is why a lot of these younger unproven players are demanding this and a lot of the star players are opting for shorter 2 year contracts.

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

It's been clarified in other threads but Bima just meant that Morey won't be using cap room to acquire more players. From here on out it will just be trades and exceptions.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

You find the Chandler Parsons, you never pay the Chandler Parsons above 8 mil.

Nick Johnson has a strong itch of being a Chandler Parsons

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel Morey and Les would like to acquire Bledsoe or possibly Dragic as trading assets to go after Kevin Love, if he is still on the Wolves roster this season.

The problem here is that they will need to offer a lot of assets to get the first part done, and Minnesota will want a lot more than just Bledsoe or Dragic for Love.