1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Chris Jent MVP

The big thing people are disagreeing on, is what qualifies as "playing poorly". Lin and Beverley seem to be held to different standards.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ageed with all of your assessments pimpn.

3. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Harden's nametag says "efficient scorer" and he sure as hell lives up to it.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your version of events are not true at all. McHale wanted DH12 to go back in. Instead DH12 said keep d-mo in he is playing well. Similar situations have happened in the past when McHale wanted to sub in Brooks for Lin when Bev was hurt and Brooks said keep Lin in he is playing well. I am very skeptical of tis whole McHale rides the hot hand stuff and sticks with what works. He has his favourites and he will play his favourites unless he has no other choice. McHale doesn't have much confidence in Lin we know that for a fact. But fans for some reason continue to push this notion that it is all part of some master plan on McHale's part to develop people. Sorry I just don't see it.

6. nchan

nchan Member

McHale has more confidence in Jeremy this season than last season. McHale benches Jeremy when he played like crap, but he keeps putting Jeremy back in the game every time. There was only one game where Jeremy didn't get to prove himself in the last quarter because he was shooting 1-5 FG. So far this season, I think Mchale has done a great job couching Jeremy. Pull him out when he plays like crap, and then put him back in to prove himself. I like what I saw. It seems to be working.

7. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) tweeted at 9:08am - 28 Dec 13:

James Harden had 27 points during yesterday's game, hitting only two field goals. It was the most points on two field goals in NBA history.

8. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

there is no star in Spurs. What in the hell did you even put these two coaches on the same table.
    Spurs is a discipline team while I can keep seeing posts in this forum that
    some players can shoot whatever and whenever he wants.
    Comparing Mchale to Popo is exactly the same when comparing Lin to those stars.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'd love to see the facts laid out for all to see, but I think all you have are weak assumptions.

1 person likes this.
  10. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

Videos of Lin is on page 82.:p

11. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol an apologist .

12. baki

baki Member

The reality is that McHale has no clue how to manage his guards, except that he doesn't want them to do too much to impact the game other than their specific roles.