1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm just tired of every thread becoming the same thing. This never ending back and forth about Beverley and Lin. It has been debated to death. The constant bashing of the coaching staff, and the continued whining about how Lin is mistreated will never end I guess. I suppose it's because some people come here only to talk about Jeremy Lin and not the the team as a whole.

I'm done with this thread, you guys and carry on with this silly debate if you want.

2. afk

afk Member

The TJones expressions are the best.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Who is this Lin guy you are referring to? I have never heard of him on Clutchfans?

4. tmacfor35

Was Howard ever that happy as a Laker? Jesus. I think the team really respects DMO's work ethic. That has a lot to do with how happy they are for him.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think Beverley or Lin really need a shorter leash, neither really plays selfish.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

It isn't about playing selfish. it is about being mistake prone and having a coach yank you as soon as you make a mistake.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chris Jent MVP

The only other time I have seen D12 so happy was when he was doing his Superman dunk at the dunk contest.

I always respected DH as a player, and I was "all-in" on getting him here purely for basketball purposes, but I have to say I am really impressed with his work ethic and value as a teammate.

Dwight Howard is a joy to watch, a true professional. A role model. A super hero! So glad to have him here.

8. tonman

tonman Member

did u watch the dmo dunk?

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ahh HAHA, I see what you did there, nice. :grin:

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The idea of a short leash really has spiraled out of control.

No different than Harden only passing with 3 seconds left on the clock or Harden never passing to Lin.

It starts as something that happens a few times here or there and over time transforms into something that always happens.

Everything gets overblown around here.

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketsmetalspd

Lost in the game was the play of RGV Vipers James Johnson. This guy deserved his call up from the RGV and he does belong in the NBA. I hope he sticks with the Grizz.

12. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

So right on!! :)

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin has been left in the game on countless occasions after making many mistakes. The Dallas game being the most recent example.

I have no problem with McHale pulling Lin for a few minutes last game. Lin turned the ball with minimal pressure. After that, he took a poor pull-up transition 3, then took a bad gamble which gave James Johnson a wide open dunk. That was a short sequence of event where Lin made a lot of really poor decision in a really short period of time.

Of course, when Lin came back in the game he played a lot better, but no one is going to praise McHale for that. If it was Popovich they'll be praising masterful coaching.

1 person likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

That second dunk crossing over James reminded me of Paul George/Tmac.

SICK.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

James Jones is awesome, I want one.

16. conquistador#11

countless times you've seen harden do the same. and if harden is the defacto pg, why should people tolerate his turnoveritis too? the reason pop gets praised is because he is a hard ass with everyone. no one would doubt mchale if he went Sergeant Hartman on harden every once in a while because he needs it as well.

another reason why poppa gets a little praising, i don't know those four championships maybe. =/

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

No problem with that either but there needs to be consistency which is what I think most people are calling for. Also if Bev was healthy would Lin have gotten a chance to redeem himself in the 4th? That is a concern that a lot of people are raising and I think it is valid.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Except McHale has given Harden an earful on several occasions, people just ignore it when it does happen because it doesn't fit with the narrative that McHale is a racist ex-sixth man who designated Lin as the sixth man as "demotion".

I mean, McHale left Dwight Howard on the bench last game, and you see little complaints. I highly doubt that would be the case if he did that with Jeremy Lin instead.

People are going to b**** about McHale no matter what he does.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No doubt

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are assuming that Lin's strong after-benching performance had nothing to do with McHale's decision to pull him off for playing so poorly. One could equally argue that had McHale left Lin on the court and chose not to help him adjust, Lin would have continued to struggle and the deficit would have extended by an even bigger margin.

If Beverley was playing better than Lin, then I don't doubt that McHale would have left Beverley on the court if Beverley was playing a lot better than Lin.

McHale left Lin and Howard on the bench in the first game against Memphis, and he left Howard on the bench in the last game against Memphis. McHale stuck with what worked, and both of his decisions have proven correct so far.

It's really not fair to criticize McHale for a "hypothetical" situation that is just another way of saying McHale should not play Beverley over Lin even if Lin is playing very poorly.

1 person likes this.