1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/26/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2013.

1. bws

bws Member

Sometimes a guy just needs to get a few chances. DMo has a lot of talent. I like how he runs the floor and it seems he can do things defensively when he shows determination and toughness. He was big factor in winning the game.

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Cant stand how Lin never takes credit and always says its because of God.

He needs to be like McHale and Harden. Take credit when people give it to you and deflect blame to the team when people are pointing the finger at you.

3. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Dwight started this propping up other players. By him giving DMo PT to rest and give DMo burn and him cheering wildly clearly shows his leadership and maturity. He has the self-confidence that this is one game and does not reduce him to be a lesser man. He's public comments of "it's all about winning" gives precedence to the other team mates. Dwight has grown and I think Harden is following it . . . this is coming to be a great team. Happy to have Dwight, I am one of those who wanted Dwight in Houston, I was actually hoping that last season we can land Dwight, instead he went to the Lakers. In the end, I think that Lakers experience makes him appreciate the Rockets more. :grin:

4. bws

bws Member

Why is TJones playing so much better the last few games? Has he looked at tapes, worked things out in practice? What's changed? T Jones i again playing at a very high level. He'll play poorly again, but keep faith in him. He's talented.

5. bws

bws Member

He's a religious dude. I think he was angry at himself for the first 3 quarters. I think he was really angry at himself for his 4th TO.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

With Lin in the starting lineup Jones defender is much more likely to rotate off of Jones to help prevent the penetration by Lin and Harden. It forces the defense to "flex" even more than just having Harden playing. This leaves Jones free to crash the boards and to cut freely to the rim. He could certainly use more defensive awareness though.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So Dwight's back has been acting up????

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thanks for this. TJONES has a chance to be Josh Smith special. I really hope we keep him and continue to allow him to develop. The highlight that impressed me most was that insane rebound off the Parsons/Garcia (the both look alike now) miss. This kid has freakishly long arms and knows how to use his big body. He's a natural rebounder (the stuff you can't teach). Just think how good he'll be at 25.

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

First, I'm very happy that the team came together and brought it home despite really poor playing. That's a championship team.

Second, what on earth do the Rockets have with the Grizzlies? In the last meeting the situation was exactly the same. The team played really bad. McHale gave the second unit the whole Q4 and they won. Remember? Casspi, Lin, Asik, Frisco stormed back in the Q4.

10. Chris Jent MVP

They play slow and physical. It's called "uglyball" and some people think this is a good way to play because it upsets the other team. But ultimately, it is fool's gold, the other team makes an adjustment, and the plan backfires when the refs won't help you anymore.

Some people would prefer the Rockets to play like Grizzlies. Those people smoke drugs.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I saw one thing that I haven't seen this season. Harden trusted Lin. Harden is not a pg and Lin is not a shooter.

12. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Funny, Harden has failed to live up to his shooter name tag while Lin actually shoot much better than him

13. Chris Jent MVP

Calvin Murphy had to lay down the law.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Shut up LOF.

1 person likes this.
  15. roxxy

roxxy Member

This was a filthy play. I am so happy to have DH12 on this team man. He was the one who encouraged mcHale to keep playing D-mo and didn't want to ruin the chemistry of the line up. McHale sometimes just doesn't see this stuff sometimes. Otherwise D-mo wouldn't have had his chance to really show his talent.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Jones face after the DMO dunk...lol. Stone cold look....and confused.

[​IMG]

17. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Pretty smart idea to give Harden all those minutes in back to back games coming off an ankle injury.

18. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

make me.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Two wins. You *****ing or something?

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The next demotion from a red bar means IP ban I believe.