1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Guys, the computer keeps kicking my ass no matter what difficulty level I put it on. Any help or tips with this? I am already back down to pro level (what the game starts at) and even after getting a lead in the 3rd, all my good shots dont fall, and it seems like they make EVERYTHING.

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

What team are you using? I'm on all star and I'm finally getting some wins. I usually stagger my rotations with ample scoring off the bench. Make sure you call timeouts when they go on a run. Also milk the player that's hot on your team. There is 2 forms of hot, when your red they will def double you so make sure you have shooters ready. I also realized that random players get on hot streaks so don't always expect to go ISO with your superstar unless your driving and dishing. I play usually as the rockets and my record is pretty good but yesterday I got killed by a crappy team, literally no one could score. Sometimes crap happens but def check the substitution menu. I like to keep my players in the game to about 70 and I then sub in fresh players. The lower the stamina the more some attributes begin to drop so keep that in mind. Hope that helps, I'm not great at this game but from 2k7-11 I could always decimate the computer on hof but last few years not so much. I guess I don't play as avidly anymore.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Agreed but when you're a PG and Billuos asks you, you don't really have a choice.:(

4. joesr

joesr Member

I wont even lie brotha, that 4th quarter is a rush.

But I have only played in MyPlayer mode.

5. joesr

joesr Member

If they raised the difficulties I for one am happy.

they did it with last year as well, which was a good move because the year before that superstar was beatable (or whatever the hardest was)

6. So Good

So Good Member

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-next-gen/688610-next-gen-ball-defense-3.html

This just isn't me. If you play the next-gen version you'll see what I'm talking about.

I've checked out 2k forums and it looks like you can't play defense by holding L2, the intense defense button. Plus you have to adjust the coaching settings to have your teammates actually close out on shooters.

7. joesr

joesr Member

they mention not using the Ltrigger the whole time, more for when the bumping starts

8. k-money

k-money Member

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I use l2 only when they drive or to contest shots. If u hold it the whole time you will def get beat by a quick first step.

10. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Go in settings and chose to "always contest" shots. The players willautomatically contest shots.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You can't stop penetration by just using L2. They blow right past you every time. You have to use L2 + R2 together. That's easily the best way to stop someone from driving o the basket.

The only time I just use L2 is when they are taking a jumper and I'm near them.

12. Swishh

Swishh Member

Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing severe lag online with nba 2k14 for the ps4? It's amazing how 2k's servers have been complete horse crap for as long as I can remember.

13. joesr

joesr Member

Is anyone else having problems with rebounding this year? Or I should say on this new gen?

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So like, i was playing earlier, and had a 10 pt lead in the 4th, when all of a sudden with under 2 mins in the game, Melo, KG, Devin Harris, etc all go off (fantasy draft). None of my EXCELLENT shots went in, missed freethrows on A-, B+ etc. Ended up getting taken to OT and was being blown out from there on out. This game is BS sometimes. It's frustrating!

15. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Agreed,

I've missed so many A+ Excellent shots and a lot of my D- shots have gone in...There's no consistency!

16. Defy9

Defy9 Member

What worked better for me as well, is try switching the game type from 'Default' to 'Casual' get used to the kind of shots that go in (best one for me is the step back) and then switch it back to default...

Not sure how anyone can play on HOF/Simulation though

17. joesr

joesr Member

Blair G., Dec 05 10:23 (PST):

Hello Joey Bones,

Thank you for contacting technical support. We are aware of the issue you are experiencing as it has been reported by several of our users. I can assure you that the development team is looking into the cause and are working towards a fix. We ask that you please bear with us as we work towards this.

Best Regards,
    Blair G.

Joey Bones, Dec 01 19:17 (PST):

Xbox One. Please tell me you guys are working on a faster way to play games in the Park. Waiting 10 minutes for a game to end only to sometimes kick you out is stupid. Is time consuming. Is a major downfall from 2k14 on the 360 from just getting randomized game waiting in your locker room.

Am I missing something? Is there way to just start up a match, not having to run around a court?

the great graphics isn't worth this wait. MyPlayer WAS my favorite mode and honestly the only mode I was playing on 2k. So far major loss of money and disappointed.

18. k-money

k-money Member

Finally got the starting job over Ricky Rubio and my season is in march ATM. When did ou guys get your start?

19. joesr

joesr Member

not yet, in late dec I believe but they are talking about it.

kings replacing cousins I guess although it would be better to move him to pf imo

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

For some reason Adelman is starting me at 2 guard with Rubio even though I'm a point guard. I hate it, Rubio is a damn ball hog. He also refuses to use pnr offense. We just started the playoffs against the Rockets, and I was ejected from game 1. I'm just biding my time until I can request a trade.