1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

If you liked the previous games, go ahead and get it. There are things that are easily fixable, but 2K has ignored them for years, so I doubt they'll fix it.

They force a lot of interactions with their servers for things like MyGM and MyCareer, which kind of sucks when the servers are down/slow. But I expect that to get better with time. The menus in general are pretty horrible and slow. That might improve with a patch, though don't know if they'll bother.

A lot of my complaints come from MyCareer. I might recommend avoiding that mode, but the rest of the game appears pretty solid (haven't tried much of MyGM though, and I admit I don't like a few of the things they did there).

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I definitely have some annoyances with MyCareer, but I do like it other than not being able to forward cut scenes. Obviously there's options missing that were there previously (training is gone, right?), but the game is so gorgeous I can forgive a lot of that. Plus it's just plain fun. I expect 2K15 will be really done well on next gen.

3. joesr

joesr Member

how the hell is the park working out??

Everytime I call next I just move out after a few seconds
    how do you play with your myplayer on the next gen?!?!?!?

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

You can't do 3 team trades. Kind of stupid was hoping to normalize some stupid trades teams have done.

5. JD88

JD88 Member

Is it true you can't play 2 player association mode on xbox one?

If so, I'll stick with the 360.

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

No metric stats on my player mode on the PS4. At least none that I saw. Not a big deal, but it kinda sucks.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I re-created our old roster and it looked weird seeing them in Rockets jerseys again

8. k-money

k-money Member

Ok so I just had a big game and then Kevin Martin asked if I wanted to go get dinner with the team and I said yes and it ended up in me being late for shoot around, a one game suspension and lost minutes in the rotation.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just like real life. **** you Kmart! May you flop in hell.

10. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I just want to play online but it wont connect.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I fixed my "myplayer" issue. I had to uninstall then reinstall the game.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So I refused to wear the clown nose and Salmons got really mad at me. The way I see it when it comes to hazing, who the hell would do that? EVERY public appearance you have to wear a clown nose? No one would do that. Carry your bags, fine whatever, but that's just ridiculous.

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Can you not play MyCareer and MyGm offline? The constant need to connect to 2k servers is absurd.

I just upgraded my player and it has been trying to connect for a full 5 minutes. I can't even exit back to the main menu. I had to close the entire game.
    2k servers are always such garbage.

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

When I first saw JEremy Lin on the ps4 version I thought he looked really strange, his hair was too long and he looked to muscular and brawny but now that I've played it for a couple weeks, he looks right to me now and doesn't look buff anymore. Did I just adjust to the game or did they release some sore of update?

15. joesr

joesr Member

anyone else having problems in the park?

16. joesr

joesr Member

is ther any other way to play in the park other then waiting/calling next waiting for 15 minutes just to play!?!?!?

17. joesr

joesr Member

Man I really hope they go back to the myplayer blacktop style on the 360/ps3 then what they are doing now with this Park bs

18. mikennite

mikennite Member

With the many complaints about next gen, I'm kinda glad I didn't get a PS4

19. joesr

joesr Member

there are definitely more pros than cons

20. So Good

So Good Member

Anyone else having trouble on defense in MyGM? I'm playing on Superstar just like I did on my PS3 and the CPU is not missing a damn thing...literally you give them 2 feet and they drain it in your face.