1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. k-money

k-money Member

When I was sixth man he would play me with Rubio a lot, I'd get bad teammate grade for excessive call for pass. Apparently they felt like they had to trade for a other pg, dj Augustine instead of shooters which they lack. I barley got to p,ay pg until now that I got my starting job. Also, did you get the deal with Gatorade? As soon as I got the start, ,y agent said something about a deal with Gatorade.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's why I always up my Consistancy as soon as I start my career.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Rented it from red box. Been playing my 11 year old son and we've been having some epic battles. He beat me for real for the first time in a video game with a Harden 3. Guess it had to happen eventually. No more mister nice guy.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ground him

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Anyone have advice on how to maximize chances to successfully pull off an alley-oop? I'm pressing L2+square in obvious situations (2 on 1 fastbreaks for example, or even 2 on 0) and it still only works like 20% of the time. It's mindnumbing because 2k11 it was automatic and I don't know what the deal is this time.

Also, how do I increase my rate of dunking? I use the R stick with Dwight in the paint and even if he's unguarded he does a layup. What am I doing wrong? Should I push square forcefully instead?

So far I don't like the gameplay in this version as much. Some stuff is much cooler and integrated, but so much of the other stuff is less intuitive.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah I dont get it either. I feel like I should be dunking everything with Dwight but he doesn't, all the attributes mean he should dunk everything nekminit even scrubs like Ezeli try to dunk more than him.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I haven't verified this, but apparently 2K patched the game to have an always-online requirement (for next-gen). I'm going to wait to verify this myself (and maybe wait to see if 2K responds), but...

I think I'm done with this series. I'll trade it in somewhere (I haven't done that since PS2 era). I have no faith in these guys anymore. Sucks because the core gameplay is pretty solid (and I love basketball games), but they just don't seem to care.

There are better games more deserving of my time and money.

edit: Seems like this news was exaggerated. Seems like some things might not work fully, but it is still playable. Not sure if that is even different from before. Self-pwnage.

#507 RC Cola, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  8. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Does anyone play My Career in "Hall of Fame" difficulty ?
    I can't make a damn jump shot .. Arghh so frustrating . I always stay in close games , only enough to lose it because I couldnt make any wide open freaking jumpers.

Any tips please? ... :(

9. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

It seems like it pulls off of the pass rating a lot. In my player, I have a PG with about 80 pass attribute. Alley-whoops all over the place. I did the +10 pass attribute for a game and I was throwing good oops all over the place to Favors, Hayward, and Evans at a pretty good rate.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

So in myGM you can't change the season length? My favorite thing about this game has always been playing all of the games in a 28 game season in association mode and having each round of the playoffs be best of 3 and now I can't even do that and would have to sim most of my games to get through a season in the same amount of time. I find it beyond frustrating when things like this are taken out of the game for no reason at all.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I didn't get the Gatorade deal. I heard once about it and then it was gone. The same went for a deal right before the rookie challenge. I lost to the Rockets in 7, we had a 3-2 lead going home but I can't play with Rubio, he just hurts the team, and KLove got an injury. Petrovich is horrible at the PNR, he constantly drops passes, and Howard blocked about 50% of his shots. Oh well. Apparently Ellis won ROY even though I was ahead of him in almost every stat too. Sometimes this game makes no sense at all...

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Havin the same problem, playin Association with Pelicans and Davis/Gordon seem to have the leaping ability of high school girls, even missed a wide open 1 on 0 dunk with Davis. Jrue Holiday and Evans have really good passing ratings but still are incapable of throwing easy alley-oops, really frustrating.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Sacremento bout to get really fun to play with. Isiah Thomas, Ben Mclemore, Rudy Gay, Derrick Williams, DeMarcus Cousins. GAME OVER FOOLS

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not enough balls in a golf range for that team. Prepare to get C- for excessive calling for the ball

15. mikennite

mikennite Member

"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WIN WITH A HARDEN 3 IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!"

16. k-money

k-money Member

Yes Kevin love got injured in my game too, and its looking like I'm gonna play the rockets in the playoffs as well. This game is scripted

17. joesr

joesr Member

Xbox One
    MyPlayer Mode

tends to lock up or freeze... anyone else having issues? FFS.

18. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Is there any way to play 2 user teams in association for next gen?? As in 2 teams playing a fantasy draft?

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Does anybody know if you can play as a euro tram online?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You can. I've done it. It's badass. You can create your own.

[​IMG]