1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Interesting/Amusing

2. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

You just cemented yourself as prejudiced and hence devoid of logical thought. *(see how easy that is?)

3. bbjai

bbjai Member

I haven't watched the game but can someone tell me why the second unit is so horrible with Beverely (against the Pelicans) and the difference to Lin compared to this game? I'm interested to know if say the status quo is that Lin is going to start, what Beverely could do to improve the second unit

4. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

It was the spirit of making things up, like having 4 all-stars demanding max salary on a team that was the previous post.

If it's not actually possible, why not make the scenarios wilder.

If you couldn't follow that and understand the sarcasm ... that makes you a UTF poster.

UTF stands for Unable to Follow

5. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

Ok, let's leave it at that. Fair on both sides, as you put it.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Lin was asked by one reported if he would want to start (a women, i don't know her name},right after he said that coming off the bench would not be that bad. He said: Sure, everybody wants to start.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You need someone better than Scola (or Mahinimi) to stop Lin driving at will, not really so much Beverley.

Also, Dmo played infinitely better against Scola than he did Davis.

8. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

So he's a typical NBA player! Well done Jeremy. Asian American + Harvard didn't make you abnormal.

Not a racist comment. Just to clarify.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Although to be fair, Scola was never quite the defender.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gonna watch the game again on nba tv now :p

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Feigan said the the area buzzed when Lin had the ball. See the films on Youtube and you might agree with Feigan. I do.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Correction. The arena buzzed.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Haha, that's not what I said. I said we should make the distinction between asking a player to take a less important role (which being a reserve may not be), and asking a player to take a less prestigious role (which being a reserve is). A player can potentially be put in a traditionally less well-regarded, less prestigious role (coming off the bench), which nevertheless is an expanded role of more importance to the team. Its debatable whether that should be regarded as a demotion. It depends on how one interprets the word.

And that's all I want to say on the subject.

14. hbomb

hbomb Member

Being a bench warmer is a demotion compared to being a starter.

Simple. as. that.

But rejoice, we finally got what we wanted! Lin on the bench! :D

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Well put.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Asik's presence is critical. When Howard gets in foul trouble,Omer will make a big difference.
    In addition to that,he can give some valuable minutes at the 4 on defense and as a passer.

17. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Last I checked, most people excluding a select few on this site still think Lin is better than Bev. Refer to ESPN NBA player ranking.

So Lin has to come off bench because Bev can't orchestrate second unit well?

And for first unit, Bev might be a more complementary player to Harden, but now we have Howard, Lin can work better with Howard than Bev, and even better than Harden with Howard. And he still has to come off bench?

Give me a break.

Look when Harden and Bev are on the court, lots of Harden ISO, while they put Howard in the post as a decoy. I guarantee you Howard won't be happy if this keep up.

Howard is at least on the same level as Harden as a player, if the team don't use him right, then it is bad for the team.

18. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Tell me what is CP and D Rose is good at apart from playmaking, dribble penetration, passing?

19. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

This has a few good points.

20. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

This is none sense. When Morey can cherry pick from Miami team, half of the Houston team can br traded away by him. So, why are we making this assumption in anyway.