1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Media's Bias and Race Baiting - Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FV Santiago, Jul 23, 2013.

1. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

By now everyone is aware of the gross misconduct by the media in 'reporting' the Trayvon Martin case. They were proven to be biased and factually inaccurate in their attempts to boost ratings while stoking racial tensions unjustly. Watch the video below, which should be the final word on the Trayvon Martin debate.

When you watch, consider how half of America was duped by the media's bias. Half of America, the Trayvon Martin supporters, blindly believed the media's misrepresentations, and shockingly, never corrected their views once the facts of the case were made known. Think further about how the media displays other stories and promotes issues. Think about how they portray other lies such as climate change. Think about how they portray atrocities such as abortions. Think about how they characterize an unqualified political candidate and shower him with positive coverage. Think about how the media persecutes religion and its moral code. Our media has lost its way and has become the mouthpiece for far left liberal causes and sympathetic issues. Journalistic integrity in the mainstream media is dead and it has been replaced with liberal political agendas.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Nobody bothers to get any facts straight now days (I exaggerate greatly when I say "nobody)." It's all about going in with your opinion made up already.

One thing I've learned form all of this is you can't reason and rationalize with irrational people and it's not even worth the effort. I've also learned people won't take the time to do any research and choose to remain willfully ignorant for the sake of their beliefs.

This doesn't just apply to this case but in a reverse example, Bill O'Reilly got Conservatives riled up and deceived years ago by saying rapper Nas had some of the most violent lyrics ever recorded. I guess that is technically true but it ignores that he is among the most conscious rappers of all time. I loved the mash up they did by taking select parts of his famous Jay-Z diss "Ether" and playing it over the image of Jay-Z getting shot in the "99 Problems.." video. And of course, naive people who didn't do any further research ate it up and probably still assume Nas is probably the most violent rappers alive.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My god - tl; dr. And ain't nobody gonna watch save for a few fellow ignoramii-in-arts-and letters.

Serious q - why are you such a special lil' snowflake that you couldn't expectorate this into the other thread?

Achtung ho?

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

This is, I think, the third time that this video has been posted. Commodore posted it first in the TM thread... about 117 pages back!

Not much response to it because it destroys the popular narrative.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So now you are blind If you support Martin... :rolleyes:

6. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

If you support Martin, you have ignored the facts of the case and ignored the actual trial's evidence. The defense was not even able to bring up many of the more damaging aspects of Martin's behavior which would have caused the jury's deliberations to be about 15 seconds instead of 15 hours.

Important points from the video:
    1. Trayvon's liver showed signs of extensive lean usage in the toxicology report. Skittles and watermelon juice (what he bought at 7-11) are 2 of the three ingredients in lean. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence (right).
    2. Lean causes users to be paranoid and aggressive. This supports the facts here where Trayvon hid out and attacked Zimmerman, beating him within inches of his life.
    3. Trayvon had a history of violence and crime, and glorified both openly in his social media accounts. Had his high school arrested him for having stolen property and burglary tools in his locker, none of this would have occurred and Zimmerman would still have the normal life that he deserves.
    4. Zimmerman has a long history of working with and for black people and was universally liked by his community.

For Obama to take everything about his case and conclude that America has a racial profiling problem is deceptive and dishonest by him. America has a black behavioral problem (crime, drugs, violence). African Americans have a parenting problem. Black culture has a role model problem. What are Trayvon's parents doing here? What a failure on their part to raise an honest, decent, and respectable child.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

This reminds me of the whole Obama birth certificate fiasco.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

1. lol, no. The ingredients in lean are codeine and promethazine
    2. I don't think anyone else in the history of the world has ever characterized the effects of opiates (codeine) and antihistamines (promethezine) as "aggressive." In fact, they have the exact opposite effects.

While I agree the trial went as expected based on the evidence presented and the terrible effort by the defense team, me thinks this jackass on the video clearly doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's right if aggressive now means super chilled out, which turns into some of the deepest and longest sleep you'll ever get. :grin:

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I guess you can cherry pick your b**** and then claim the whole tree a ruse, but the facts remain, this mess STUNK with the media's agenda, merited racism and an uninvited administration.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is, without a doubt, some of the dumbest ish that I've read in my life. From this I can take that there are people out there who believe Trayvon Martin was high on a concoction one part watermelon juice, one part Skittles, and one part AGGRESSION.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah....that sums it up.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Even this video used selective evidence to support their opinion. It's unfair that they only mentioned Martin's drug problem. Adderall is by far the worse drug and symptoms include:

Severe Loss of Appetite (which can worsen other side effects)
    Aggressive Behavior
    Nervousness
    Easily Angered or Annoyed
    Feeling Restless
    Severe Anxiousness
    Feeling Anger Toward Something
    Low Energy (can't defend onelself in a fight)
    Severe Hallucinations
    Severe Mental Imparment
    Severe Mood Changes
    Severe Depression
    Severe Mental Disorders with Loss of Normal Personality & Reality (making him racist during that period)

Failing to mention this says this video obviously had one agenda. They even go as far as saying if the school had punished him he would not have done it. Well, he was at a convenient store being watched the entire time he was there. That is a fact. He didn't steal anything. Why don't they mention that? I am sure that crossed Martin's mind during the 10 minutes Zimmerman watched him.

Let's not be so one-sided in all of this and quit being distracted by it. I like what Charles Barkley said:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OfReCoRRIow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't let the media fool you. Too much time and energy has went into this case already.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the lean narrative, I see...

the media bias, huh?

I already called out poor FV as a victim of being smeared as a racist.

he made an entire thread about it.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thats because the media has something to profit from, they know that hundreds of sheep will flock as soon as they consider something to be "news".

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How naive I was to think that the Zimmerman threads would actually die away once the verdict was made! I suppose when you cut off the head of a hydra, 7 more, much stupider ones grow in its place.

17. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I know the jury made the correct legal decision, but that doesn't mean I can't support Martin. I believe stand your ground is ridiculous. Protecting your home or property, like I believe we have in Texas I can see, but just anywhere you happen to be? No thanks.

GZ should have stayed in his car for HIS safety. If I think someone is robbing a home and has a gun, I sure as hell don't try to see where he is going. I call te cops and let them take care of it.

18. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

Actually, our Castle Doctrine has a form of Stand your Ground in it. I can, legally, use lethal force to protect me own property, as well as yours, or a complete strangers. Stand your ground is NOT ridiculous. It's a blessing. Don't think so? Well tough , that's because you live in a great state that understands protecting ones life and family should be priority #1. You sit here and say that, WHILE you live in the the best gun state in the US, IMO

You start to live in California, New York, Ohio you will quickly see, just how bad it is to be in a anti-gun state.

You want to abolish a law, because of what the media has told you about and because a "black" kid got murdered. That's the only reason. You have done no research on your own, you have no idea the statistics of how many lives this law has saved, you have no clue how many people are serving 25 to life, because their state has no clear cut gun laws so, in self defense, they protected their family.

Also, just because you might be scared chrispbrown, doesn't mean we all are. Some of us actually DO care about our communities and we are tired of being doing what they want, then we call the police and all they say is "Well, we will try out best to catch him"

19. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

people doing, sorry

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Are you serious or just trolling?:confused:

You have not lived in NY or California because you aren't financially able to do so. I can assure you its not so bad (in fact most people consider it quite good and want to be here which is why its well beyond your means or tolerance).

The absence of deluded gun toting morons like yourself is generally considered a plus, not a minus. But by all means please continue to stay away...as if it matters since it will remain out of your reach regardless