1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Media's Bias and Race Baiting - Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FV Santiago, Jul 23, 2013.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To you and other reasonable folks those sites and types of media have little credibility. Obviously to plenty of folks on this bbs they seem to have a good deal of influence.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

OJ Simpson disagrees.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

If you search, you will find that there are many recipes for lean. Trayvon wasn't "on lean" because he, apparently, was just returning home with 2 of the 3 ingredients. I wonder if there was the right cough syrup already in the house?

About these "violence" charges that keep getting brought up against Zimmerman: he "struck" a cop while drunk at age 20... one time. And the restraining order sought by his ex-fiancee were likewise sought by him against her. Both were granted by the local jurisdiction and I believe there were no further incidences. Both incidences were in 2005-- seven years in the past.

Zimmerman's "stalking" consisted of 2-300 feet of exploration looking for Trayvon Martin. Didn't Martin double back to come upon Zimmerman? What was his motive there? Fearful folks would just head home still undetected.

4. Granville

Granville Member

LoL @ the arrogance of FB regarding his opinion on anything related to this case. FB **** his pants on this subject and thinks the rest of us can't smell the stink.

5. likestohypeguy

OJ felt justice was served, when he went to prison?!

Always rooted for OJ.

:(

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't the first person to doubt the credibility of the blogs and right wing sites.

I agree with others that they don't hold much weight on this.

I'm not sure where arrogance comes in or your strange scatological talk.

I will say that if I come home with flour, sugar, eggs, brown sugar, and sifted cocoa, I'm coming home with a lot of ingredients for mar1juana brownies. That doesn't mean I was making mar1juana brownies. All of those ingredients have perfectly legal and legitimate uses for them other than mar1juana brownies. Just like skittles and watermelon juice do as well.

#66 FranchiseBlade, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  7. Granville

Granville Member

Father of the year.....

[​IMG]

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

9. Damion Laverne

You can't flim-flam the Zim-Zam!

[​IMG]

10. Raven

Raven Member

The media race bated because it was profitable. I don't know how much money cable news made from Trayvor Martin's death, but it was probably in the tens of millions, maybe more than that, especially CNN who sucked the blood out of his corpse like a vampire.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nobody cares about that. We all want justice for TM. We will riot and protest and advocate petitions for our government to further Civil Rights charges against Z. This is my opinion and does not reflect what the media promotes. Further, I don't give a damn about other injustices that has much stronger evidence than what im promoting now.

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Maybe

But if you have a history if violence, theft, racism and drug use all at the tender age of 17, we'll probably just think you're making mar1juana brownies.

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I want safer streets. I want to live in a world where a man who is stupid enough to pursue and then shoot an unarmed man is no longer allowed to carry a gun.

I want to live in a world where CHLs are held by reasonable adults who exercise good judgment.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

And I want to live in a world where we have the right to defend ourselves against violent drug abusing thugs who eagerly use excessive physical force over a verbal altercation.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not mutually exclusive at all, especially if you obey a stand-down direct order from a cop.

16. Granville

Granville Member

Talk about something that happened in this case. That mischaracterization of the facts was thankfully ignored by the jury.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Unless you have actually spoken to the jurors, you don't know that. All the jury said is that the elements of the crime were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That is all it means. You and others of your mindset continue to try to assign some deeper meaning to it. It requires a quantum leap in logic to get there though.

18. Granville

Granville Member

I want a world where an attorney doesn't get online and get emotionally involved in a case to the point that he ignores factual evidence.

19. Granville

Granville Member

So you are saying that the jurors may have believed...

• A dispatcher is the same thing as a cop.
    • A scripted answer of "we don't need you to do that" from a dispatcher is the same as a "stand down order" from a cop.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the media profits and all of you help.