1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Television] Mad Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

God, Pete Campbell had so many hilarious moments this season. Chief amongst them, falling down the stairs in a rage and blissing out whilst toking a J.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I also enjoyed the season finale....looks like Mr.Draper is finally being a bit selfless which is good to see.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Great finale
    Jon Hamm killed it with the "The only sweet thing" monologue. That last scene where Father and Daughter look at each other was heartbreaking.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought it was a strong finale, get the feeling we'll see a redemption arch for Don in the last season and maybe Peggy falling into Don's old patterns. Very curious to see where we pick up next season.

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I loved the back of the head shot of Peggy while wearing pants for the first time in the office... totally made it look like the protege was finally taking the Master's place... but then Duck came in with what appears to be Don's (temporary?) replacement...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I just re-watched the last 15 mins on DVR.

Don's Hershey presentation was more uncomfortable this time because I knew what to expect. Afterward when Roger asked him if his orphan story was true and Don said yes, Roger's reaction...

Pete and his brother discussing their mother was so pathetic. "She's in the water with father", "She loved the sea".

Peggy to Ted, "Well aren't you lucky to have DECISIONS!!!".

"Going down?"

I think it's plain Megan will leave Don and won't be back next season. Her role is played out. Regardless, I think we'll be seeing Don at his dynamic best next season.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It freaked me out.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Those two words pretty much sum up this season for Don Draper. Don Draper right now is at his lowest point ever. The scum of scums.

Don has successively:

-Lost his job
    -Cheated on his wife
    -Lost his wife
    -Lost respect from his children
    -Allowed Peggy to supplant him

This guy can only go but up next season. Can't wait!

10. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Just finished it. Man oh man!

Bob FTW!

Can't believe Roger turned on Don. Must have been him finding out more then he wanted about Don's past.

All parts were well done. Characters I don't like are Peggy, Ted, Sterling/Cooper (whichever is the old man that likes Asian motifs), and Megan

11. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Bob Brunson will be a force next season. He could even make it to partner. How could you not like Peggy? She's been with the series since the first show and she just seems to keep getting screwed (literally) until now. Megan is just hot - I think that's why I like her.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I agree with Peggy......she is an integral part of the show.

As far as megan.....i'm not a fan. She needs to go away.

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I hope they put an end to Megan. She has had nothing to do apart from just trying to get Don to love her and fail miserably. Just getting annoying and that character has no scope at all.

14. bobmarley

I think Peggy the actor has done a great job since season 1. But if I had to pick people I liked or didn't like she falls in the latter for me. Maybe it's because she was the love interest for Ted. Ted is nowhere near a foil for Don. He is also weak.

I am excited to see where they go with this next season.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really don’t think Roger turned on Don because of his past. Roger didn’t care when Pete approached him in season 1 and still doesn’t.

Don’s saving grace was his work and this season he’s been extremely flaky with the Hersey’s deal really sealing his fate.

They really made a point of showing how Don was never around when they needed him through the season. The partners really had no choice since his work wasn’t up to snuff.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like how Don did whats his name a favor and then whats his name apparently agreed with the other partners it was best for him to go (but whats his name was already in LA). A nice punch in the stomach before that headhunter kicked him while he was down.

17. bobmarley

I have a feeling that Don will come out on top.

18. PointForward

PointForward Member

I'm just catching up on season 6....

I miss Pryce so much :( . Cosgrove and Campbell have both been awesome. I hate weak Don. Roger and Bert are as great as ever. Megan and Peggy are both annoying as hell. blaaaaaaaaaaaah it's 7:30 am and I can't stop watching wtfff

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just caught up, good season but where is it all going? I understand its a troubled advertising mans life but this is the first time i watch a series where there is no clear point yet still makes me want to watch..

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's how soap operas work. Mad Men is a soap opera.