1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Television] Mad Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Am I the only one that doesn't buy the Bob Bunson is gay storyline? I don't think that's what his story line has built up to all season. His M.O. has been to say whatever and do whatever to get into the power structure at SC and Partners.

The end run being hitting on Pete?!?! I don't buy it. Plus it was so subtle he could just say his leg moved accidentally if Pete were to call him on it. I think we have yet to see Bunson's final deal.

2. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Anyone else think that Sally Draper looks like Emma Watson?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I actually thought he might have been pretending to work there. He seemed to just be hanging around schmoozing. But that appears to be wrong.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agree!

Agree also!

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I think Bob sees Pete as a weak link. I think he is going after him to crack. First he sets up Pete's mom with a gigolo, and now he is throwing advances his way after Pete just called gay people degenerates.

I think Bob has Pete in his crosshairs.

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Sally is going to be a slut by the time before the series is done. Maybe pregnant as well.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

wondering what Betty thought of Sally's last comment about her dad doing nothing for her...I am thinking she may crack and say something to Betty...Im looking for huge fight between Don and Megan; Peggy thinks Don is a monster...Don looks like a man that may just harm himself...

8. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

I really hope not, it'd be too predictable. I'd rather have a game of thrones type surprise.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like we were all overestimating Bob, as Pete makes a comeback!

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm with ya....it would be all too predictable considering the opening credits and all and the way the storyline is developing.

With that said it would still be an epic season and finish with a climatic ending.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...seems too simple...The past two episodes were solid, Sally walking in on Don/Syliva, Bob and Pete, Peggy etc...Can't wait for the finale

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Finale should start setting up the endgame for the last season.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

great season finale...

crazy story lines with every cast member...and the common theme of improving family unity..starting with Peggy and Ted hooking up, and Ted saying one thing and doing something totally different...Don finally showing the "goodness" within himself...and i wonder how Don is gonna get back the board for letting him go...

Next season should be a really good one...

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My neck hurts after watching the finale. The writers gave themselves a massive amount of leeway going into season 7. We have no idea what the starting point will be.

I liked the episode but it felt rushed because they held back so much info for this week.

More than anything else, it was the awesome last scene that makes me anticipate next year. Expectations will be through the roof I hope they can deliver.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

pretty good finale. good set-up to tie it all together in 1 final season.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

NOT GREAT, BOB

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bob Benson won.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good finale, all over the place and agreed it felt a little rushed...Don's breakdown in the meeting was akwardly good, and everyone had their part...Bobs dig was awesome, and so was Teds guilt regarding Peggy...The ending with Don was pretty good and leaves a lot to be done next year...

19. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

20. The Drake

The Drake Member

Pete and his brother debating whether to spend the money to look for their mother was classic.

"Well, she loved the sea..."