1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Television] Mad Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but once you start downgrading a show because your favorite characters are getting killed off, your credibility gets shot a bit.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Can't we just all agree that we're in a second Golden Age of television. Yes?

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He's been the best thing about this season. And Sundays final shot of him just lighting a joint and realizing he can't control his environment was one of my favorites.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He didn't light it, but your,rit about his environment.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

it's pretty darn strong. certainly kills the movies that are being churned out nowadays.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They're going to get ****ed over by Shaw and the other guy aren't they....how can Don and the rest of them be that stupid? Its clear they are changing the name and are going to high tale out with the chevy acount now.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I like Mad Men but they over do it a lot with some of the scenes. The 5th season was all crap too. I'm glad its gotten good again.

It goes:

Breaking Bad or The Sopranos

rest.

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

These types of shows are character driven. I never said the show would be inferior but it wouldn't be as enjoyable to watch. Imagine if Mad Men decided to kill off Don Draper in the 2nd season.....i think you get my drift.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Poor Sally Draper. Wow.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

damn it, now I'm going to have to watch mad men before I goto bed.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol..u should spoiler stuff...this was a bombshell of an episode...wow...didnt see this at all...

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry. When game 2 blew open right after 9, I switched over, started watching the DVR and caught up before the episode ended. I expected the thread to explode right after 10.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

meh, she'll get over it.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Kind of had an idea something like that was going to happen as soon as she got the keys. Seemed like it hit Don more than her.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

meaning nothing in the previous story lines indicated that Don was gonna get back to banging that broad again...thought that story was over...But yea, by the time the Sally got the keys to snoop around for that letter, I figured that Don was doing the nasty with Sylvia...

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would you come into the thread of an ongoing season and not expect spoilers? He also gave away nothing.

That said, good episode. Sally hates Don, but she's adopting similar mannerisms (see: the way she talked with him through the door).

The whole Peggy/Pete dynamic is always bubbling under the surface of the show and it never fails to catch me off guard. I have to wonder if it comes to a head at some point.

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

I thought when she walked through the door, Mitchel would be there waiting and they'd start getting it on or something. Although I should've known it had to do with Don/Sylvia.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah, as soon as he called the Rosen house and got her on the phone, I figure most people would know it was about to go down. Again.

Bombshell of an episode is a bit much. It started off slow and the 1st half hour was "Meh".
    The 2nd half hour picked up and got better.
    Damn Bob Benson. I figured he was just a fixer but damn, can't believe he's not what he seemed.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That would be taking away the lead actor/lead character. Comparing that to GoT, I don't believe the lead actor/character was killed off in "The Red Wedding" episode. As long as it's a complementary character then I don't think it would harm a show that much.

I agree w/the "overdoing it" quote.

Putting "The Soprano's" on the same level as "Breaking Bad" yeah, I think "The Wire" would have something to say about not being on the same level as those two shows. (If The Wire could talk).

1 person likes this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]